Ch.19 Understanding

After he finished he looked at me with a regretful look I gazed back wondering if I should trust him. Once the host tells us to go back I quickly run to the bathroom as Sister Yao runs after me.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked me softly.

"I'm confused does he still think about me but it's been years but do I still like him," I say frantically.

"Xiao Xue follow your heart take your time I will support you," she says kindly as I smile back we head back to the table and the event goes on for another hour I was about to leave when someone grabbed my hand it was Dobin.

"Hey I was wondering if you would want to talk how about I treat you to dinner," he asked.

"How about tomorrow at the café 3 pm," I say the truth was I was really tired and I wasn't ready to talk with him.

"Sure," he says walking away.

The next day

I was heading to the café still worried about Brother Yue we hadn't talked in days I could tell he was upset I entered the café.

"Hello, "I say to Dobin.

"Hi would you like anything to drink," he asked.

"I'll take an iced Americano," I said. I got my drink and there was an awkward silence for a couple of minutes until he spoke up.

"Last time I never asked how you were doing," He said.

"I've been good," I lied.

"Well, I'm happy ever since you left I had always hoped you'd be happy even without me," He said with a faint smile.

"So have you got a boyfriend right now," he asked.

"No, I have just been focusing on my career," I say wondering why he asked.

"Can I ask you a question?" I said.

"Yes of course," he replied.

"Why didn't you come here I thought you were gonna stay there and get married," I said hesitantly.

"Well when you left everything was nothing to me, to be honest, I cancelled the marriage and made a deal with my parents to be a gamer for a couple of years and then go back," As he finished a million things raced through my head we talked for a couple more minutes then I started to walk home when I got to the dinner table I saw Brother Yue as soon as he had seen me he walked away.

"Wait Brother Yue I'm sorry please don't ignore m-" I sat as he cut me off.

"No Chen Xue I'm the one who should be sorry when you rejected me I didn't accept it I apologize," He says.

"It's alright I forgive you. Friends?" I say.

"Friends," he replied.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Sorry for the late update I was sick.