Chapter 9

I waited for Shawn to be done in the bathroom covering outside of the door just in case my mom comes up.

I leaned my head against the door.

Hearing him hum and sing quietly.

"And take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
You'll never be alone" he sang.

I smile not only at his beautiful voice but to the beautiful words he sang. Probably one of his songs. I knocked softly.

"Honey what are you doing?" My mom startle me.

"Umm I thought you were in" I tried to cover myself. Luckily Shawn unlocked the door quietly.

"But you knew I was down here.." She added.
"I thought I heard your footsteps" I laughed nervously.

"Well I better hurry up" I said and quickly got in the bathroom.

Shawn was shirtless as I locked the door.

"Not awkward at all" I smiled lightly.

"Sorry I was trying to not get you in trouble"

"No it's fine but why are you shirtless" I covered the toilet seat and sat down.

"I thought I saw a spider plus I have a little stain of hot chocolate" he laughed.

"Aww your scared of a little spider" I bothered him.

"Haha very funny" he mocked me.

I tried to grab his shirt but he held it high from me. "Ass" I groaned trying to reach it.

"Language young lady" he said and held the shirt higher.

"I got other pretty words in mind as well" I smiled and he laughed at what I meant.

"You know what? Just put on the damn shirt and come to my room ASAP young man" I mocked him.

"Ok mom" he said and put on his shirt and walked out to my room.

"Nova your taking too long! You'll miss your bus!" My mom reminded.

Shit.

I forgot about my bus.

"You have to go through my window" I told him.
"What?" His eyes widen.

"There's a tree out there and it's not that high" I pushed him towards the window.

He started with one foot and grabbed a hold of the tree. As his whole body was out I closed the window and grabbed my belonging for school.

I ran downstairs and gave my mother a kiss goodbye and she gave me my blessing for the day.

"Love you!" I yelled out and out the door I went to the bus stop.

"Nova!" I heard behind.

Damn I forgot about Shawn now. But when I turned around I saw Matt with Shawn holding him by his sweater.

"Dude can you chill" Shawn pushed him off.

"I saw him climbing out of your window you know him?" Matt questioned.

I grabbed Shawn's hand and pulled him towards me as that electricity went through me once more.

"Yes I know him, I let him stay the night at my place" I glare at Matt for holding Shawn the way he just did by his sweater.

"Can we talk? Like privately" Matt asked having no patience in his tone.

"I don't know unless you give me a ride to school" I crossed my arms.