Chapter 21

S H A W N

*Earlier*

"Please?" I begged Sam.

I finally managed to man up and go talk to Nova.

"Why should I? You broke her feelings badly which hardly anyone does! She already has so much going on, your just going to make it worst" she kept on cleaning the tables.

"Which is why I want to apologize!" I said.

She slammed her hand against the table making me flinch and looked at me. She saw how desperate I was and sighed defeated.

"Alright go hide in the storage she's already here" she looked out and there she was. Next to an unfamiliar face, she kissed his cheek which broke me even more inside. I quickly went to hide in the storage room and waited.

"Yea sure" I heard her voice as my I waited and my heart started beating faster as her hand came in touch with the handle bar and opened the door. There she was in front of me speechless.

"Nova?" I began and she turned around to walk away until I stopped the door and softly grabbed her wrist bringing her in the room. She didn't bother to fight but instead come in the room. Which was unexpected.

"Nova you need to listen to what I have to say" I said and waited for her to argue back but she didn't in fact she gave up and sat down on a box.

Wasn't really how I thought it would go?

I got down to her level and looked at her and tears were already building up.

"Please don't" I said and hugged her and she hugged me back.

"I'm sorry" we both said at the same time.

"Wait what?" We backed away from the hug confused.

"Well I'm sorry for the things I said back in time square" I said looking down ashamed.

N O V A

He apologized making me feel like shit because he wasn't the only one that did messed up things in our argument.

"Shawn I'm sorry as well for getting into your personal relationship and judging it and letting them out to the media which I hate myself for, I get if you don't want to ever talk to me again" I sniffles.

He placed his hands on my cheeks gently as I placed mine on his wrist holding them in place.

"Don't hate yourself" he comforts me.

I couldn't help but hug him so I did and didn't want to let go.

"I know how bad I screwed up and said those things and I just can't stop thinking about it but when you revealed my secret to the media I was just so mad but then I knew that you were just mad" he said as his chin was placed on top of my head.

"I'm sorry for getting into your personal relationship" I apologized.

He kissed my forehead.

"It's alright" he said.

"So who was that outside with you?" He asked with curiosity.

"Classmate" I answered.

"You two a thing?" He asked.

"No, we're going to the movies this Friday though" I mention and he pulled away.

"What's wrong?" I asked as he looked off at the ground kind of down.

"Nothing it's just I have a plane to catch I'm going home actually" he says.

"Wow, so this is it" I say sadly.

"Guess so" he says.

We might've apologized but the tension between us is still awkward, we literally just met a few days ago and now had a huge fight already and here we are in a storage room fixing everything between us not speaking our mind off but being careful not to mess up things again.

"Well then.." I said patted my apron.

This is it. This is probably the last time I'll ever see Shawn ever again if he doesn't forgets about me. Which I'm sure he will and live happily in his relationship with Victoria.

There's something telling me to do something so big because this will be the last I'll ever see him.

"Well I better get going" he headed for the door.

"Shawn!" I called out not sure if I should do.

"Yea?" He turned around looking at me with his beautiful brown eyes. If I do it'll probably make him guilty around Vic, I can't ruin their relationship any more than it has so I decided no to.

"Have a safe flight" I smiled weakly as tears began to rise up once again. He nodded giving me a small smile and left. The guy I fell for hard has now left and a huge hole was made in my heart. I was stupid enough to think that someone like him would work out with me, an average teenage girl.

A nobody.

I touched the handle bar and lost it. I started to sob. Sitting on the ground bringing my face to my knees and hugged them crying. The door began to twist making me go into shock for a second but as the door open it was Sam. She saw my puffy red eyes and closed the door sitting next to me and hugged me.

"It's alright" she whispered.

I leaned on her shoulder.

"I love him Sam" I cried softly. She stroked my hair and stayed quiet.

S H A W N

"Shawn I was beginning to get worried" Andrew smiled and began walking towards our gate to leave to Canada. She was going out to the movies with someone who I hoped will be good for her. With the thought of her having a good time at the movies is honestly the best thought I can have of her.

My heart broke a bit seeing her with someone else but with this whole distance getting in the way wouldn't work out anyways. The best memory I'll hold forever of her and I will be when I stayed over at her house and cuddled without a problem. I sniffled a bit trying to control my tears.

"You okay bud?" Andrew asked.

"Yea just excited to get home" I lied.

This distance from her is going to drive me nuts. I'll get over her is what I'll tell myself and fix things with Vic.

__________________

Edited // Published September 24, 2015