Epilogue

N O V A

Standing there on the boardwalk made me feel free as the wind blew through my hair gently. I am actually here.

Here in Santa Monica.

I know it sounds very cliché on the way I'm describing this, but you can't blame a city girl who traveled through the subway with big bright skyscrapers that surrounded her. Although I kind of missed home.

Just as I stood there looking out at the ocean view with my phone in my hands, I heard a snap behind me. I turned over and smiled at the dork who just took a picture of me and continued to take pictures of me.

"Do you want me to pose like those tumblr girls do?" I asked him.

"Sure, why not? Wouldn't it look perfectly on you Instagram feed?" He mocked.

"Oh hush up!" I laughed and went over to him and planted a kiss on his soft lips.

"C'mon let's take a picture together" he says and puts his arm around me. I smiled awkwardly and uncomfortably.

"What's wrong?" He asked noticing my reaction.

"Nothing it's stupid" I ran my hand through my hair.

"Nova Ava Brooks" he begins.

"I know you for quite some time now and I believe we both should be totally honest with each other" he says.

"Fine" I say. "I don't like... Taking pictures" I breathe out scratching the back of my neck.

"What?" He says simply.

"Their not my thing, I feel like I'm being judged" I say and suddenly he begins to die of laughter.

"Well what about the other pictures we've taken? You didn't say anything about it" he says.

"Cause their weren't people around, now that I'm saying it out loud I feel stupid, so thank you Mendes" I narrow my eyes at him.

"Babe" he chuckles hugging me. "Your right that was stupid" he says and I nudge him off me.

"Jerk" I laugh.

"Who gives a fuck on what others say" he smiles and comes over to put his arms around my shoulder.

"So get your shit together and smile along cause we're sending this to your mom and my family" he says.

"Fine" I sigh and began laughing awkwardly just as he took the picture. "Wait I wasn't ready" I say.

"No I like it" he says looking down at his phone. He showed it to me and I actually liked it. That was actually the first photo that I actually decent in the first try.

~•~•~

"Dammit No!" I yell when Shawn is ahead of me in a water gun game at the Piers. He chuckles at my reactions. Just as the water was about to reach the top, I passed him in a matter of seconds beating him.

"Yes!" I yell in victory pumping my fist in the air.

"Congratulations on kicking your boyfriend ass" the man behind the game laughed handing me a teddy bear for a prize.