Chapter 15

N O V A

Your too judgmental.

Those words replayed in my heads making me sob even harder. What was the point of arguing back with him, everything he yelled at me was true.

I sat at the place I took him on our first adventure yesterday night. It was too good to be true that I actually met a guy who liked me for me.

"Nova?" Someone said down the other rail.

I looked over and saw Eve. Out of all people the weird girl at school finds me in a pool of tears staring at the beautiful city in my favorite spot.

I cleared my throat and wiped my tears with my sleeves.

"Oh um hey Eve.." I said. She walked towards me and sat down next to me staring out.

"Are you okay?" She asked pushing up her glasses with her index finger. I chuckled lightly.

"I..um.. I'm a mess" I said playing with my fingers.

"I heard someone crying and decided to come up" she said.

"What's wrong?" She looked at me.

"I got in an argument with someone I thought who liked me for me" I explained.

"He/She was stupid to let someone like you go Nov, sorry can I call you Nov?" She asked a bit scared making me feel bad.

"Yea of course don't be shy" I comforted.

"Okay, anyways your a cool person Nov and I actually admire you. I mean look at me the whole school thinks I'm a weirdo with obsession of bugs but I'm not I'm actually a sucker for nature" she smiles at me shyly.

Now I feel like a total ass for judging by the things I've heard around when in reality I didn't know her at all. Then it hit me. I didn't know the things Shawn had with Victoria. I mean there's couples out there who met in high school or when they were kids. Shawn just told me the things he wanted me to know.

"Nov? Nova?" Eve called out.

"Sorry, look Eve I'm really sorry but I'm actually one of those people who thought you were weird but now I actually got to meet you and put those rumors to an end for me at least" I smiled.

She looked at me happily and hugged me catching me out of nowhere but I couldn't help but hug back.

"Thank you for making me feel better Eve" I said through her hair.

"No problem" she said.

"I have to go or else I'll get in trouble" she got up.

"Yea no problem" I said.

"See you on Monday" she waved and walked to the stairs going down. I sit there alone now lost in thoughts. Everything is my fault now.

I lost someone amazing, Matt is moving away, my mom got laid off, and I'm alone now.

Tears rise up again.

"I hate myself" I whisper to myself and buried myself in my legs.

Then again I was just looking out for him.

S H A W N

"Thank you" I smiled weakly at the cab driver and walked into the hotels lobby to the elevator . I couldn't shake off the fact I saw her walk away in tears because of me.

The doors closed pressing the floor I was staying at. I forgot my phone again. I sighed and let it go.

The doors open and walked slowly to my room.

Her eyes filled with tears nodding slowly at me not wanting to continue to argue anymore because I have hit her spot, the spot that hurt her the most and that is her loneliness.

But what about the things she yelled at me?

Let's face it Mendes she telling the truth, everything she yelled at me was the damn truth. Victoria cheated on me, I think it's the best if we don't get back together.

But what if we did?

This is the first time she's ever done this kind of thing in our relationship. I just want to go home and talk things out with her and possibly move on from Nova. But I can't let go that I made her cry, hurting her feelings.

I am an asshole.

I got to my suite and walked in turning the lights on. Taking off my sweater as the door shut and locked behind me. There was a note on the desk with a plastic bag. I checked the bag and saw it was my phone.

Then read the note.

'Nov told me to stop by your hotel to drop off your phone in case you don't come back to her place. Anyways this is it, I'll be leaving on Sunday night before spring break make sure to have a fun ass time with her because she'll need it. Again thanks Man -Matthew'

He trusted me with her and I let him down.

I took a hot shower and went to bed and checked twitter.

#WhoIsTheMysteryGirl was trending grabbing my attention and decided to check it out.

Pictures of Nova and I were everywhere. Us on the subway, park, and tonight with her and Matt included.

I read an article.

'Pop star Shawn Mendes was seen tonight in China town late night with a mystery girl we all presume along with a male friend. Sources says that Manager Andrew Gertler and Mendes were in an argument making the singer (Something Big) disappear for a whole night returning in the morning and spent it with the same girl he was seen with last night. Is this mystery girl a bad influence turning our sweet innocent Shawn into a bad boy?'

That's where I stopped reading and just threw my phone at the wall angrily.

_____________________
Edited // Published July 25, 2015