Chapter 28

N O V A

I woke up to the gray clouds that quickly reminded me of what happened last night. Sitting up on my bed I saw the two boys on the ground deep asleep. My hands were hurting and I saw that I had bruises and small cuts on them.

Movements from the floor caught my attention and saw Shawn slowly open his eyes. He quickly sits up as he notices I'm awake.

"Hey" he says quietly.

I smile weakly at him. He comes over to me and sits down on my bed.

"How you feeling?"  He asks removing strings of hair away from my face.

I look down at my hands. "I don't know" I say flatly.  I didn't know how I felt, I literally have no emotions inside of me. All I felt was nothing. Then I remember that Shawn saw me react angrily last night for the first time so I reached for his hands and held them.

"I'm sorry you had to see me the way you did last night" I say not making any eye contact with him. Instead of saying anything back he moved his hands up to the back of my neck bringing me up to him as he kissed my forehead and hugged me. I sighed and hugged him back.

"Matt told me about your aunt.." He began.

I responded with a sigh and squeezed my eyes shut not wanting the tears to start streaming again.

"It's okay, you don't have to tell me your memories about her" he continues to rub my back in comfort.

"God, what did I deserve to have someone like you by my side" I say onto his shirt. "Not just you but Matt as well" I leaned back and looked back at Shawn.

"Sometimes I think you would be better off me in your life" he says with sadness in his tone.

I crawl in between his lap to sit closer to him. My hands moved up to his jaws as our eyes just stared into each others pupil. Slowly I leaned in and kissed him with passion, enjoying every single moment that our lips shared. His hand moved up to my waist touching my skin gently pulling me even closer then we were already were.

I wrapped my legs around his waist to be in a better position without stopping the kiss. I smiled and pulled away. He tried to catch his breathe which made me giggle up a bit.

"What was that?" he asks as a small smirk formed onto his lips.

"That was a reminder that now your someone important apart of my life, you came into it for a reason now stop thinking of it in a negative way cause Shawn Mendes I'm in love with you" I say and gasp a little of what my final words were. His smile left his lips. My heart sunk into my heart of his reaction. But instead he quickly laid our bodies and that passionate kiss turned into a rough passionate kiss filled with love and affection.

As he leaned back breathless again he smiles and looks deeply into my eyes and says.

"Nova Brooks, I've been in love with you for the longest time, it just took me a while to realize my feelings towards you" he laughs quietly and I join along as well. We separated sitting across from each other now. Matt was still deep asleep on the floor. I felt bad and decided to wake him up. When he did he just smiled which warmed my heart.

"You boys hungry?" I asked. They nodded me a yes and walked out the room down into the kitchen with me where we all made breakfast. My mom had left a note saying she was going out with some friends. The rest of the day went smoothly that was until I decided to grow some balls and head over to Sammy's house and have a talk with him. I got ready in my room grabbing my black combat booties when Shawn came in.

"Where you headed?" he asked as I tied my shoes. I cleared my throat and sat up. "I'm going to talk to Sammy, after these past few hours of me not responding to his texts and calls I feel like he deserves an explanation" I say.

At first I expected Shawn to be totally against the idea but instead he goes into his jean pocket and handed me his rental car keys.

"Are you going to be alright?" he asked.

I smiled lightly at him and went up to him to give him a small kiss on his cheeks and held his hands.

"I'll be fine" I say as he kissed my forehead and hugged me.

"Be safe, call me if anything goes wrong. I'll even talk to him myself, even take the whole blame" he walks me to his car, I kissed him once more and nodded a yes to him. Matt slept on the couch with the tv on. Shawn promised me to tell Matt where I headed as soon as he woke up and off I went to Sammy's house unable to predict how everything was going to go down but expect the best.

__________________

A.N. It's my birthday Aye! Lol well I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and we reached 7 thousand reads.. Holy mother.. Again thank you beautiful babes.💕 have a goodnight or good day

Edited // Published February 19, 2016