Chapter 19

S H A W N

"That was amazing babe!" Her voice squealed annoying me.

"Great job buddy is that the final song you want to add to the album?" Andrew asked.

I nodded a yes putting my guitar away.

"Then that's a wrap! This album is ready to go" Emily clapped.

"Guess so" I said without emotions.

"Are you okay?" Vic asked concern.

"Yea um just tired, it's been a long day" I lied.

"Then let's head to the hotel" she said.

"I'll meet you there I need some air" I said putting on my backpack.

"But Sha--" Victoria started but Andrew stopped her mid-sentence.

"I think we should give him some privacy he's had a long day, give him a break, plus tonight Shawn is your last night here and we fly home tomorrow morning that'll cheer you up" Andrew tried to lighten the mood.

"Yea um goodnight don't wait up on me" I said walking out the room to the elevator.

Letting all I was feeling in that booth was such a relief. Nova's big spill to the media killed me with a bad mood. But then again I don't blame her, I made her cry, broke her feelings, and just let her go. I tried to apologized back at the restaurant but she didn't even want to look at me which hurt me inside of how badly I hurt her.

As I finally reached outside I quickly got into a cab and told him to drive me to central park. I watched how business people came out from the subways tired from work. At teen couple were by the stairwells laughing together happily and then they both shared a kiss. I looked over to the side way seeing a girl walking out of the subway and smiled at the happy couple.

I noticed her bangs, her short wavy dark brown hair, and familiar jean jacket. Nova.

"Wait, could you leave me off here?" I told the driver which he did and I payed him off and walked out with my bag running to her but then I stopped.

What makes you think she'll forgive you? I thought to myself. I still followed her hoping she wouldn't noticed. She made a turn into an alleyway. I stopped and hid myself around the corner. She threw her bag on top of the dumpster and climbed up onto the fire escape grabbing her bag with her and climbed up to the second stairs and opened up the window getting in.

What was she doing? I looked at the building I was hiding and noticed it was her uncle's music store.

N O V A

I jumped in and threw my bag on the piano carefully. She was still the same, a bit dusty but the same. I sat on the bench touching the keys carefully and started playing 'Make It To Me' By Sam Smith since it's the first song that came into my mind.

Since I was alone I decided why not sing along as well even though I suck at it. I laughed quietly at myself.

"My mind runs away to you
With the thought I hope you'll see
Can't see where it's wandered to
But I know where it wants to be

I'm waiting patiently though time is moving slow
I have one vacancy and I wanted you to know that

You're the one designed for me
A distant stranger that I will complete
I know you're out there we're meant to be
So keep your head up and make it to me
And make it to me

So sick of this lonely air
It seems such a waste of breath
So much that I need to share
So much to get off my chest

I'm waiting patiently though time is moving slow
I have one vacancy and I wanted you to know that

You're the one designed for me
A distant stranger that I will complete
I know you're out there we're meant to be
So keep your head up and make it to me
Make it to me
Make it to me
Make it to me"

I sang to the lyrics and continued and then stopped as I looked at the time and decided it was time to go home. I grabbed my bag and took one last look at the place. I should visit her more often. I climbed out the window closing it and down I went the fire escape. I put on my hoodie and walked off to the subway in a good mood.

S H A W N

Her voice left me in awe. Her voice was so beautiful and unexpected. She was now climbing out of the window and I panicked a bit so I put on my hoodie and hid in the dark.

She walked away.

I can't hold back this feeling but to comfort her. I want to kiss her. I went through my jean pockets and piece of paper came in touch. I pulled it up and saw her number. I put it back in my pockets.

I blinked away tears as once again I saw her walk away but this time happy, finally moving on from me. Guess I should do the same, I need a friend to talk to.

"Wait" I whispered to myself and took the paper back up and turned it over to see Matt's number so I dialed it and walked to the nearest park which had a view of the Brooklyn bridge right on front of me.

"Hello?" He said in a deep tone.
"Hey um this is Shawn" I said causing him to groaned.

"What do you want jack ass?" He said in attitude, bothered by me.

"Guessing she told you how bad I screwed up" I sighed.

"Your lucky I'm not there to kick your ass" He threaten. I stayed quiet. Why was I calling him again?

"You know what I'm just going to hang up" he said.

"Wait up! I need advice" I begged.

"Why? You hurt her Mendes, badly"

"I know I know I need a way to say sorry but she won't even look at me and I don't know what to do" I sighed as I felt a lump through my throat.

He sighed.

"Mendes, when I left I had this weird feeling about you and it was a good feeling. When I saw how you two looked at each other I knew I was leaving her with someone good by her side" he explains.

"Ugh can't believe I'm helping you... She's a tough one but dude you just need to force her to talk to you even though she might walk away just talk to her yell at her not rudely but make her listen" Matt informed.

I nodded.

"I'm stupid dude, I should've just told her how I felt towards her" I sniffles.

"Dude don't cry or else you'll make me cry" he said groaning uncomfortably.

I chuckled. "Thanks man" I said and we both hung up.

I sighed and put my phone back in my pocket and leaned on the fence looking at the water flow.

How do I do this? I'm leaving tomorrow morning.

________________

Edited // Published September 5, 2015