Chapter 18

Exclusively told by Shawn Mendes mystery girl who's name is Nova Brooks says:

"No! He's no one to me now and I don't want nothing to do with him".

I don't know what Mendes and Miss Brooks had but she seemed to be angry at him for whatever reasons. Not only did she mention how she feels but the relationship he had with ex-girlfriend Victoria Abraham which apparently she cheated on him long time ago and the two were seen together today earlier eating lunch like a happy couple they were before.

Wow what a crazy situation are these three in.

S H A W N

"Shawn we have to finish this album" Andrew pushed me as I sat emotionless in the bathroom.

"Shawn baby their just rumors, a nobody you met on the streets wanting attention" Victoria said in her sweet tone which I bet she's faking.

She's not a nobody I met on the streets. She's someone I trusted and told my personal problems too and went out to the public telling them all to the media probably her revenge.

Revenge?

Alright then. If that's how it's going to be. I looked down at the bathroom sink and turned on the water to freshen up and turned it back off.

Took one last look at myself through the mirror.

She asked for it.

I walked out the bathroom ignore Vic and Andrew towards my bag searching for my journal and finally manage to find it and walked towards Scott handing him the book open to a page in it.

"I want to add this song in" I said grabbing my guitar and heading into the booth putting my headphones on.

"When your ready" he said and waited as I took a deep breath and began to play my guitar.

'Re-rewind Friday night, never forget it
How you let me go
No more lies I'll be fine I know where I'm headed
Probably should've known

And now you're gonna say, "Pretty, please forgive me."
Fool me once, told you twice you're gonna regret it
Now you're all alone yeah

Turns out that no one can replace me
I'm permanent, you can't erase me
I'll help you remember me
One more kiss is all it takes
I'll leave you with the memory
And the aftertaste'

N O V A

"Have a good night" I said to Sam and we walked out separate ways home. It was chilly tonight. But I didn't want to go home just yet so I again went to the bridge since it was the closest spot near my home.

I walked up the stairs and sat down admiring the view that never gets old putting in my headphones listening to 'I was made for loving you' by Tori Kelly Featuring Ed Sheeran.

A dangerous plan, just this time
A stranger's hand clutched in mine
I'll take this chance, so call me blind
I've been waiting all my life
Please don't scar this young heart
Just take my hand

She sang making me tear up and quickly took my earbuds off. Wiping my eyes with the sleeve of my sweater.

Who am I kidding how am I going to get over him? He's the one and first guy I ever fell for at an instant and him falling for me.

My phone than started ringing. It was Matt I immediately answered it without hesitation.

"Hey Novs" he said through the phone happily.

"Oh my gosh hey it's actually so good to hear your voice" I almost burst into tears.

"Hey baby girl how you've been?" He asked chuckling.

"Well ever since you left I'm such a mess without you here" I said getting up from the bench walking to the fence in front of me.

"I've heard" he said.

"Wait how?" I asked confused.

"It's all over Twitter and articles, what happen between you and Shawn? I mean I knew something was wrong at first but I didn't know it was this bad" he said.

"It's all my fault Matthew" I said as tears began to rise once again.

"Alright Nova listen to me" he began.

"Deep breathes, now listen Shawn is an asshole for letting you go like that for whatever reason but let me tell you, if I ever bump into him I will beat the shit out of him knocking his teeth out" he says making a smile go onto my face on how protective he is.

"Please don't, trust me this is all on me if I hadn't confessed my feelings toward me maybe we wouldn't be in this mess" I said.

"Wait is that why he's mad at you? Because you told him how you feel about him?" He said surprised.

"Yea and we kind of got in an argument on how it was too soon and he still felt something for his ex and so I judged his relationship with him so we said some things back and forth until I walked away" I said sobbing now from the memory of me and Shawn arguing back in time square.

Time square has always been a place where bad lucks happens to me at least.

"You have no idea how much I want to hug you at this moment and beat him up" he says.

"I'll be fine I just need to move on and not see him" I said.

"Well I gotta go but hey! You know what would make you forget all this?" He asked as I waited for his idea.

"Jess" he finally said making a smile go onto my face.

"I think she'll be great company, especially at this moment" I smiled at the thought.

"Alright be careful on your way to her" he said.

"I will, miss you" I said meaning it.

"Miss you more" he said and we both hanged up.

I put my phone away in my bag and organized myself running to the nearest subway on my way to the other side of Brooklyn.

Jess was my favorite aunts name, she's the one who taught me how to first play and become interested in the piano. She past away a few years ago and so my uncles has a hidden piano on the second floor of his music store. I named her my aunts name.

I miss her.

______________

Edited // Published August 23, 2015