Chapter 23

Emilly's mind was spinning. She had been walking in the woods for a few hours now and the sun was starting to set. The orange light shone through the branches of the trees and the birds sang their evening songs. Emilly never stopped thinking about what had happened all day. First she was almost sacrificed to her kinda boyfriend's father, then she was saved by a bunch of werewolves who then died. She met her father who then tried to kill her. That was odd. He told her that she had magical powers. However, when she tried to ask her mom about it she found her nearly dead. She told Emilly that she was a goddess princess and then died. She had to try and find Milleiy now. It was what her mother wanted and Emilly knew that Milleiy would be able to help her. She looked up and saw some smoke rising in the air. She must be close to Milleiy's cabin. Once she was in sight of the cabin, she walked faster. She opened the gate and was greeted by the dog who trotted up to her and licked her hand that Emilly offered. Emilly looked up when she heard the cabin door open. Milleiy was standing in front of the door. She had on a floral dress and an apron with the words "kiss the witch" written on it.
"Emilly what's going on? What are you doing here?" Milleiy asked walking down the steps towards Emilly.
"I-i need to talk to you" Emilly said.
"Come inside. In only a few minutes, the sun will be setting, and it is not safe outside at night." Milleiy said leading Emilly into the cabin. Milleiy closed the door behind her and locked it.
"Emilly, what happened to you? Your shaking." Milleiy asked.
"I'm sorry. I know you told me to leave Jason. To run away but I didn't because I liked him so much. You were right, I was a sacrifice and they tried to kill me. Then the warewolfs t-" Emilly rambled but Milleiy placed a hand over her mouth to silence her.
"Quiet. You are in a lot of shock and bleeding. We should get you all calm and stuff before you explain." Milleiy said, leading Emilly to a purple armchair and settling Emilly down in it.
'Are you comfy?" Milleiy asked.Emilly just nodded.
"Do you want any sugar?" Milleiy asked walking over to the kitchen and pouring some tea.
"Yes please" Emilly said. She was starting to feel herself calm down and become more comfortable.
"Okay then" Milleiy put in 2 cubes of sugar and walked over to Emilly.
"Here you go. Finish drinking that and then tell me everything." Milleiy instructed. Emilly nodded and drank the tea. When she was done Emilly explained everything that had happened in explicit detail. When she was done Milleiy looked lost in her own head. Thinking...
"Poor Terrie. She was such a kind girl. True she was a bit wild at times but her heart was honest. Having lived a mortal life made her a mad woman, cruel." Milleiy said standing up and walking over to the picture that Emilly noticed when she first visited.
"I'm sorry. I don't know what to do." Emilly said. Milleiy must not have heard her because she kept speaking. Mostly to herself.
"Poor Salem. They were always close to Bartholomew. "His death will have a profound impact on them." Milleiy whispered.
As Emilly stared at her, she waited for some kind of instruction from her.
"How could I not have known that Clinton was your father? It is so obvious now." "You look the same and Terri always got with the most undesirable men," Milleiy said.
"I don't know what I'm supposed to do" Emilly cried. Tears were coming down her face and she was starting to freak out again. Milley turned quickly to Emilly and said...
"You must leave. Run away. You are not welcome in my cabin anymore." Melliey said pulling Emilly out of the chair and leading her to the door.
"What and why?" Emilly asked.
"I cannot have the cursed child who is the daughter of a god and a werewolf who was also born on the blood moon to be in my house. I must try to find Salem before they do anything crazy." Milleys said walking over to Emilly.
Milleiy yelled as he pushed Emilly out of the door and slammed it shut.
"NO PLEASE IM SORRY. DONT LEAVE ME OUT HERE ALL ALONE" Emilly said. Tears rushed out of her eyes and she felt an uncontrollable rage build up in her chest. She whipped the tears out of her eyes and stood up. She looked up at the sky and felt an unknown magical power build up in her core. After flooding her senses. "I am done being betrayed. I will be hurt by no one anymore" She said to herself. She got up and started to walk away. The smell of burning wood started to get stronger as she walked away. A warm glow shone from behind her and the sound of snapping and crackling made Emilly turn around. She gasped when she saw Milleiys cabin up in flames. In a matter of seconds the whole place was covered in fire and smoke. The dog was barking and the other animals were making a lot of noise as well. Emillys feelings of rage turned into ones of fear. What has she done? Milley. Oh god. Emilly turned and ran away from the burning building. Still running, Emilly asked, "What did I do?"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Emilly did not know where she was heading. She could feel something pulling her calling her forward. She ran as fast as she could. She noticed that she was running faster than she used to and she wasn't getting tired. Her magic could do this? Even though she was pretty inexperienced, she was amazed by how powerful it made her feel. Why was this power hidden from her? She heard wolves howling in the distance and immediately realized where she was. She stopped right outside the clearing and spotted Jake and Clinton chatting by a tree. She was determined to make them pay.