People watching

There's nothing worse than forgetting your earphones at home. That's exactly what I did, and I didn't want to be that person who plays their music out loud. I always found that super obnoxious, like no one needs to hear what music you're listening to.

I'm already walking out the gates with the swarm of students from my class. I was supposed to walk with Soomin since our houses were going in the same direction but she wanted to ask Heeseung if he would accompany her.

I've never seen her so infatuated with another. Sure she had crushes before, but she never did anything about them because she knew that nothing serious would come out of the relationship.

I had a boyfriend once when I was in eighth grade and of course it didn't last. I should've known that it wouldn't be my future, I was just a naive young teenager who finally got her first relationship.

I guess I was just happy that I was finally like everyone else, I would look around and see all the couples. It always brought my self esteem down knowing how many people had crushes on others but none had any on me.

Now that I think about it he never payed any attention to me, I was always the one who would talk first. To be fair there wasn't a lot to talk about. We didn't really have that much in common, so I don't blame him.

I think that after realizing how dull relationship can be I never really had another thought about trying it out again. I was more focused on making sure that I finish school with the best grades I can possibly get.

Isn't it crazy how your whole future basically depends on how well you do on some stupid exams? 

I slightly shake my head at the thought, annoyed that I'm going to be overwhelmed with exams in the next couple months during my last year.

I was probably half way to my house and I was passing by some small restaurants and shops. I wanted to go look through some of the store but remembered that I don't even have enough money to buy anything after this morning at the cafeteria.

Walking by this cafe through the window a large group of students laughing caught my eye. I look at them a while longer and notice they had the same school logo as me. Then I notice that Soomins beloved, Heeseung was there amongst the group.

Did he not walk her? I thought she'd text me if he didn't so we could go together. Hm, I guess I'll just ask her later.

And to my surprise the person next to him is the same generous person from this morning. It's like I'm seeing him more frequently ever since it happened.

His face looked so different than it had when I saw him. Instead of his bored looking expression, he was full of joy, laughing so hard that his eyes had turned to crescents.

He has a really pretty smile.

His friends I'm assuming, we're ranging from those older and younger than him. Anyone watching could easily tell how genuinely happy they looked.

Taking a quick glance at my phone at my phone, seeing that I should probably head home home now otherwise my parents would get mad at me being out late. Which isn't even late, they just think I should be using that time to be studying.

I put my phone back in my pocket and continue to walk in the direction I was going before.

__________________

"Eomma! I'm home!"

I slip my shoes off into the corner and look around the house to find it empty.

This is nice. Every once in a while I come home to the house being empty because my parents went grocery shopping or took my siblings out for ice cream or something fun. I wouldn't have to hear constant nagging about how I could've gotten a better score on an assignment or how much I need to be focusing more on my future.