52 pick up

"Here you go," Jungwon handed me a small cup of steaming tea.

"Thank you!" I offered a grateful smile. My throat was feeling a little scratchy and I was hoping this would help.

I sat up from his bed, careful not to make any spills. As I did that he scooped up Maeum who was freely walking around the room, setting him in his lap as he sat across from me.

"Ow!" A burning feeling left lingering on the surface of my mouth.

"Careful," he laughed watching my pained expression while I blew air into the tea, trying to cool it down. "Maybe a kiss will make you feel better" he joked.

"Yeah I think so."

With one hand he grabbed my chin, tilting it up to face him more. He leaned forward and placed a kiss on my lips. "Better?" He asked.

"No I think you should do it again. It still kind of hurts." I faked a thinking face.

"Oh really?" He asked chuckling with a grin.

"Yup."

"What about now?" He started showering my face with little kisses. Leaving some on the corner of my mouth, my cheek, and forehead.

"Okay enough enough!" I laughed at the ticklish sensation. "You're going to make me drop my tea." I playfully scolded, holding the cup tight.

"So have you decided where you want to apply?" I asked on a more serious note. Taking small sips, trying my best to prevent the previous accident from happening once more.

He let out a long breathe, "Yeah kind of. I'm leaning more toward Hanyang University. Even though I have no clue what I want to major in." He sighed in a frustrated manner.

"Oh I heard that school is really good! Besides, you can always go undeclared. I'm sure you can figure out some idea of what you want to do when you're there." I told him, the tone in my voice being optimistic.

"Yeah you're right, I just don't want to tell my mom." He whined, turning to Maeum who was currently balled up next to his waist.

"Well you dont have to tell her now," Putting an emphasis on the 'now'. "But you'll have to tell her sometime in the next month. Application processes are starting soon."

He just muttered a lazy "okay", and looked up at me. "What about you? Did you finally decide on which school you want as your first choice?" The other day on my birthday when we had our small discussion on college, I had told him a couple of my options.

"Actually yeah I did. Remember the one I said apparently has the best culinary program?"

"Mhm,"

"Yeah that's going to be my first choice, hopefully I get accepted."

"You will, you've got the grades to get in." His words making me feel more at ease. I checked the acceptance rate, and lets just say it wasn't a very high number.

Reflecting back to last year I remembered how I already settled on the idea of majoring in criminal justice. Thinking about it now, I probably won't be able to handle it. Considering the fact that I have a weak stomach and can barely handle seeing a large amount of blood. So maybe its a good thing I changed my plan.

When I first started baking I thought I was going to be absolutely horrible at it. I mean not that I was an expert at it, but I wasn't terrible at it either. The more that I continued the hobby, the more I found enjoyment in the hours I spent doing it. The calming and relaxing nature of just mixing ingredients that turn into something delicious, to the reaction I get of those tasting what I baked was my favorite.