Not Joking

Me:
Thank you for coming tonight :)

Won🐑:
Of course :)

Me:
I know the twins were really happy to see you
So was I|
so was|
So|
sorry you got an egg shell in your slice of cake
I thought they took them all out 😭😭

Won🐑:
LMAOO its okay it was still good regardless😋

------------------

"Ugh! I can't do this anymore!" I ran my hands through my hair, stopping midway resting fingers on my head.

I looked down at my desk that was covered almost every inch with a paper or book of some sort. Finals week was just around the corner and I practically forced myself to start preparing. If I didn't start now, I never would've started. I set my alarm earlier than usual today so I could spend my last day of the weekend focusing on my work. With the exception of a few small breaks, I've been at it since eight in the morning. It is currently six o'clock in the evening.

I set my pencil down in the opened spine of my history book. Turning the upper portion of my body the opposite direction of my lower-half, hearing the continuous cracks throughout my back for a few seconds. My body feeling less tense than before, more relaxed and new. I always found the sound of back cracking extremely satisfying.

I looked at the list of everything I needed to finish or look over, seeing only half of the list crossed off. Making me throw my head back in aggravation. I cant believe how I've basically spent all day doing only this and I'm not even close to being done. Why does homework or studying at home always feel ten times longer?

I was able to finish all the assignments that I had due in the next few days, but I still had to review everything that we've done for the last couple units. Thankfully all of my harder subjects finals were not going to be cumulative but just what we've learned in the last semester. If it was based off of everything I learned since the beginning of the school year im pretty sure I would've been stress crying right now.

"Yah. Iseul, what is this?" My mom walked through my bedroom door that was closed slightly.

I yanked out one of my earbuds, holding the wire in my hand. I preferred the wired ones over the Bluetooth, mainly because I was horrible at charging things. For example, my phone, and also I feel like I'd misplace them.

"What is what?" I asked her trying to look at the piece of paper inside a ripped envelope.

She set it down harshly on my desk, "Why did you score so low?" She waited for my response as I read through my results.

I had gotten my score back from the High Honors Math test I took a few weeks back. I quickly scanned through the words. My breathing stopped for a second as I read the second to last paragraph.

I ranked 23rd out of 35? What, no that can't be.

"But I practiced for a month..." I said quietly, rereading the paper to make sure I didn't make a mistake.

"Yeah well clearly you didn't practice enough." Her tone stern, "What happened, huh?"

Last year I had gotten second place, which I was surprised about. But I'm assuming she expected the same this year.

"I don't know," I responded honestly.

"You never know," She quipped back. "I don't want you going out anymore for the rest of the school year. It's distracting you from focusing."