Peanut

I walked into the same coffee shop that jungwon and I had come to that one night. I walked up to the counter waiting for a worker to notice me waiting, they looked a little busy so I didn't want to rush them. I always hear people talk about how bad it is to be a barista, getting paid decently yet having to deal with the many people with attitudes and coffee addictions.

"Hi what can I get for you?" A tired looking woman approached the cash register.

"Hi can I get a medium iced chai tea latte, with um, a chocolate chip muffin please."

"Name for your order?"

"Iseul" she handed me my receipt after telling me the total.

I sat down at a table that was near a big window. I had invited Jungwon to come with me but he said he was busy doing something with Seeun. I was a bit disappointed that he wasn't coming but now I'm kind of glad that I'm enjoying this time for myself.

It actually felt kind of nice, the weather was nice outside and I had the view of everyone walking by who were also enjoying themselves. A mother sitting on a bench watching her two little children play in front of her, an old couple holding onto each others arms as they walked down the pavement. Am I the only one who gets sad when I see a really old person alone? Especially when they look so sweet.

I took a bite from my muffin, pulling down part of the wrapper at the bottom so I don't accidentally eat some of it. I used to eat it as a kid, I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to in my defense. I went on instagram and looked at my profile, I feel like I haven't posted in forever.

Whenever I posted I would end up archiving it in the next few days. Oh wow, the last time I posted was five months ago. I saw a little rectangular box pop up at the top of my screen.

Guy from store:
Hey ;)

Me:
Oh hi !

Guy from store:
I feel like we haven't talked in forever

Me:
Yeah haha

Guy from store:
I was wondering if you'd like to hang out again soon? I really think we hit it off last time, don't you think

Oh so he's just getting straight to the point.
I don't really know if I want to hangout with him again, no offense to him but I definitely don't think we hit it off. Plus I just got like bad vibes from him or something. What should I tell him?

Me:
Yeah I'll think about it! It's just I've been pretty busy lately so I don't have a lot of free time :(

Guy from store:
Okay.

Why did that text lowkey sound passive aggressive? I just said what I said because I don't want to make him feel bad or anything. I finished up my drink after a couple more minutes of just sitting and relaxing in the chair which was surprisingly really comfortable.

I got up and decided that I should probably start heading home now so I could finish up my homework and some chores I had to do. Before walking out the shop I threw away my trash in the bin.

——————————

"Oh my god. Wait, did you do the lab packet?" I asked stopping what I was doing as I remembered that I haven't done it yet.

"No, I haven't even started girl." Hana answered.

"We had a lab packet to do? Since when?" Seeun asked, her eyes widening.