Ice cream and adventures

It's finally Saturday and I decided that I was going to take Jaehyun and Jiwoo to do something for the day. After hearing what Jaehyun said the other day it made me feel bad that they're growing up with an older sister who didn't even pay them any attention.

I didn't want to be that sister.

I knew how it felt to want to be played with and cared for. I didn't want them to have that same yearning that I did.

My parents of course payed attention to me when they had too, but they were always busy with other things like their job, making sure I had a roof over my head, and figuring out their lives. So I guess I can't be upset at them for that, they were just trying to keep us afloat.

It's 9:07 AM which is still pretty considering it's the weekend.

I crept into the twins bedroom and carefully opened the door making sure not to make any noise in case they were still sleeping.

They stirred in bed so I decided to just let them wake up on their own and ask them later.

Walking in the kitchen I see my mom making breakfast. It smelled good but I didn't have an appetite.

"Here. I made breakfast" she pushed the bowl towards me and smile slightly.

I accepted it even if I wasn't hungry, how could I say no to her when she went out of her way to make this for me?

"I was wondering if I could take the twins out today to hangout? I won't have them out late"

"Yeah sure that sounds nice, maybe me and your father can finally have some peace and quiet" she said putting away some dishes.

I don't know how I should take that last part, but I was still excited that I could.

——————————-

"Okay guys, I have some snacks in case you guys get hungry. We'll still go get lunch somewhere, but why not? Also I brought my first aid kit" I smiled wiggling it in the air before placing it back in my bag.

"Why is it so small?" Jaehyun asks tilting his head to the side.

"Well it's travel size, duh" zipping my bag closed.

"Okay so I was thinking we can go to the park first and then we can go eat wherever you guys want. How does that sound?"

"Fun!"

"Can we eat ice cream for lunch?"

"Um, sure. Just don't tell eomma okay?" They giggled to each other and put a finger to their mouths signaling a "shh".

We were already at the park, I held one of their hands on each side of me and led them to the playground.

I watched as they ran all along the play structure, and I would occasionally chase them or the other way around.

I can hear a distant barking noise but it was getting louder every second. I look around searching for the source and turn back to Jiwoo and see a small white dog jump on her. Thankfully it didn't knock her down with its small size, she was giggling white scratching behind its ears.

Soon after Jaehyun was quick to be by her side also playing with the small dog.

I quickly take out my phone and take a picture of the sight. I definitely want to show them this once they are older. I didn't even hear the calls of what sounded like Maeum. There's a boy running our way, he looks familiar.