Moonlight

I place my head into my hands and let out a sigh of frustration, closing my eyes trying to relieve my current state of mind. I stayed like that for a couple seconds later. It's almost midnight, and I just finished studying. I really needed to do something else right now. I tip-toed to my parents room, careful not to make any noise since I knew my siblings were asleep.

There was a 50/50 chance that my parents were still up, as I got closer to their door I saw a dim light coming from their room. I peek inside and see their still watching tv. "Is it okay if I go to the store very quick, I've been studying since I got home and I really need tea or coffee. Maybe even both." I whisper just loud enough for them to hear me.

"Yes, just don't be out super late, and make sure to be carefully. Take your key with you, I'm not opening the door for you." My mom said. My parents were never really that strict when it came to me going out, as long as I wasn't going out getting into trouble. Besides they knew that I wasn't that type of kid, and they knew that I wasn't slacking off since all my work was being done.

"Okay thank you!" I walked back to my room and put a jacket on.

I put my shoes on right before I walked out the door, making sure to lock it on my way out. I didn't really want to be alone right now, it would be nice to have some company. Should I text Soomin again and see if she's still busy? She stays up late sometimes. No, she sounded occupied earlier she must be tired.

Should I text jungwon? He's the only other person I would consider my friend. We don't talk that often but when we do it's been nothing but friendly encounters. It's a long shot but it's doesn't hurt to try.

Iseuuul_Sim:
Are you awake?

Maybe I shouldn't have sent it, what if my text woke him up? What if he gets annoyed with me ?

Jung_won09:
Yeah why? What are you doing up?

Iseuuul_Sim:
I could ask you the same thing🤷‍♀️
I'm just going on a walk for some fresh air, would you perhaps like to come

Jung_won09:
Iseul are you by yourself?

Iseuuul_Sim:
Yeah

Jung_won09:
Why are you out alone, it's dangerous! I'm coming, where are you?

I sent him the address of my current location. I stopped at a small cafe, which I'm surprised it was still open. I walked inside and started looking at the menu, hmm what do I feel like drinking. I was kind of craving a green tea. I felt like I was taking too long so I let the person waiting behind me order first and I stepped out of line. I figured i would just wait for jungwon to get here.

Soon enough I heard the quiet bell of the door ring and I turn and see Jungwon entering, looking around. He makes an 'o' shape with his mouth as he finally notices me. "Hi" I say looking back at the menu, not making eye contact with him. "Hi" he says back and I can see him look at me briefly from my peripheral vision.

"What are you going to order?"

"Oh I'm not getting anything"

"Why? It's on me, I basically made you come over here" I say finally looking at him.

"I guess you're right, what should I get?" He asks squinting his eyes a bit and leaning forward to get a better look at the menu.

"You should get whatever your heart desires" I say not really helping.

We finally ordered and I payed for our little midnight snack. I got green tea and a mochi donut, while he got a simple coffee and cookie.
We sat at a booth as we waited for our order to be ready.