Pros and Cons

After yesterday hearing what Jungwon said, honestly all I wanted to do was avoid him. If I saw him I'd just be reminded that I'm nothing but a friend to him.

And on some level I'm okay with that because at least I'm still close with him even if that means there's no mutual romantic feelings.

I didn't really want to go to school and face him. Would it be wrong of me to ignore him for a while? Yeah, I think it is. Well technically he's kind of done it to me a while ago. He would barely respond to my texts and when he did it would be dry responses.

I decided against the idea because it wouldn't be fair to him. Why should he have to lose a friend for a reason he has no idea about. I would be just as bad as Soomin, ghosting someone because she couldn't bring it to herself and communicate. I honestly don't blame her, now I understand how she felt at some extent.

But that doesn't mean that her actions were justifiable.

I huffed before throwing my bed sheets off my body, and getting up quickly before I changed my mind and stayed put. I walked to the bathroom lazily washing my face and freshening up.

I wonder if people eat before they brush their teeth after or before they eat, I thought as the toothpaste started foaming on the corners of my mouth. When I did eat breakfast in the morning I would brush my teeth after that way by the time I went to school my mouth was minty and didn't smell like whatever I had.

I looked at the white collared shirt that sat in my dirty basket with the red stain. Thankfully I had another clean one to wear today. I probably should've washed it as soon as I got home that way it wouldn't leave a permanent mark.

The walk to school felt peaceful, I had enough to time get to school and walk at a slow pace.

I thought back to the day at the lunch table where Sunoo had to hear about the girl who asked out Sunghoon. I think what I felt now was similar to how he felt then.

I finally made up my mind, I wanted to stop thinking about the few words that he said.

I'm just going to accept the situation as it is because what can I do to change it. Nothing.

~~~~~•~~~~~•~~~~~

I sat in my language arts class, cross legged, twirling my pen. Not willingly listening to the teacher.

You know what actually annoys me a lot, is when teachers randomly drop big assignment on you out of nowhere.

This is exactly what my teacher did right now. We were supposed to be doing end of the year exam practice but he decided that he "felt like giving us an essay".

Why did he feel the need to do this exactly? I have no clue.

Groans and complains flying throughout the room of the drained students.

I guess the only thing that made this essay okay was the fact that he was letting us chose the topic. I actually got pretty excited. There's only been one other time that I was able to do something similar.

I think it just makes it easier, writing about something that actually interests me or I like. If it weren't for the fact that I have other things to be more concerned about I would enjoy this essay a whole lot more.

The rest of the class period went by slowly, I stared at the clock that was hung above the long chalk board.

The arms of the clock barely moving as the seconds passed.

During passing period Jake came up to me looking around as if he had something to hide.

"I have a question for you." He said looking again for the final time.