Brownie batter

I had the day off today since my school needed to have meetings and teacher training. I thought about what I told jungwon the other day, how I wanted to try a new hobby. I woke up early because I was actually excited to make something. I wasn't really sure what yet. Maybe I'll ask Jungwon and surprise him.

Iseuuul_Sim:
Hey random question, what's your favorite dessert?

Jung_won09:
Hmm probably brownies, why?

He responded only a few minutes later, after reading his text I got nervous that maybe he would suspect something.

Iseuuul_Sim:
Oh just because I'm at a cafe with Jiwoo and I was just wondering.

Okay I think that's a pretty good cover up, right?

Jung_won09:
Ooo nice, have fun!! Also tell her I said hi

Iseuuul_Sim:
I will 😄

I went to the kitchen and sat down on one of the table chairs and started looking up good brownie recipes. After finally settling on one I checked to see if I had all the ingredients to make it, and thankfully I did. It only required basic ingredients like eggs, milk, flour, etc.

I placed my phone on top of the counter and chose a playlist to play while I bake. Once I was satisfied with the songs playing I washed my hands and began to follow the steps. I was a little confused at first but I soon got the hang of it. I accidentally almost put a tablespoon of salt instead of one teaspoon. That would've been so bad. I remember once I tried baking a cake and I forgot the sugar, it tasted gross.

I think that's the reason why I never really tried baking again. I started enjoying it more once I was mixing everything moving my head along with the beat of the music. Lip syncing the words, using the spatula as a fake microphone "I hate accidents accept when we went from friends to this. Uh-huh, that's right, darling" I whisper sang. I was getting too into the song that I didn't notice I almost knocked over the carton of eggs and flour.

Once I had placed the batter in a pan, I started to preheat the oven. I probably should've done that before so I could have started baking it already, but oh well. The oven went off letting me know that it's finally ready. I had to wait half an hour for it to be ready. I sat down on the floor in front of the door of the oven watching it rise slowly.

Who else should I bring some to? I did think of Soomin at first but lately she's been acting kinda weird. Like she's been more serious and dry around me. I don't know if it's because of me or maybe it's something personal that she doesn't feel comfortable talking about. I asked her multiple times that if something's bothering her that she could talk to me.

She always brushes it off saying that it's nothing. I thought she felt comfortable enough to share her troubles with me, but I guess not. I wasn't going to push her too because that's her own deal.

I ended up just deciding that I would bring her some, as well as jungwon. I was obviously going to leave some for my family otherwise they would complain that I'm mean for not leaving them any. It's okay though I don't mind.

I just watched a movie for the remainder of the time.

Once it was finished I let them cool down before I cut them that way it wouldn't crumble. I kind of wanted to add some kind of topping but I didn't know what. What about strawberries, would that taste bad? I mean if they don't like it they can take it off. I'll just leave half without it.