Right or Left

After two long weeks of continuous studying and tests, I can happily say that finals week was over. Something I enjoyed saying very much. I felt like I could finally breathe now, the only thing to worry about now was the results that would be posted on the last day of school. Was I still scared? Yes, but at least for the time being I can think of something other than being well prepared. If I do well, then congrats to me. And if not, then I'll just mope about it later on.

"I need a new eyelash curler, my mom broke mine" Hana said looking at the small selection of the curlers.

"How?" I asked confused on how someone could break one.

"I was doing my makeup in her room this morning and she saw a bug and grabbed the first thing she saw to throw at it. That thing just happened to be my eyelash curler" I laughed at the story.

We were currently at the mall to celebrate for the great efforts that we've put into this school year. We were going on a little shopping spree. Well, more like just window shopping and buying inexpensive things.

"Oo, this eyeshadow is pretty. Look at the glitters!" I grabbed one of the testers off the shelf and swatched it onto the back of my hand. Whenever I go into beauty stores I always come out with the back of my hand filled with samples of different products. Did I ever like or buy any of it? No, but who cares.

"Stop wait! Look at this, it matches your undertone so well" she grabbed a lip product that was stocked right next to the eyeshadow I was showing her. She held it up to my face, it was hovering just inches away. I would never put any of the tester items on my face, thats just unsanitary. I can  always wipe away the makeup off my hand but putting it on my face disgusts me. Who knows how many people have touched that.

"Oh you're right, I like that it's not so bright. Bright colors don't really mesh with me." I told her.

"You have to get it or i'm getting it for you." She said.

"No im good really, I already have enoug-" I tried telling her, not wanting her to spend on me.

"Too bad." She grabbed one of the boxes from the back and placed it into the shopping cart.

I decided not to protest against her since she was stubborn but instead just watched for what she liked and I would secretly buy it for her in return.

"Left or right?" I asked her with my hands behind my back, holding a blush she was eyeing.

She looked at me skeptically, "Why?"

"Just choose before I keep it for myself."

"okay, left." She chose. I had the blush in my left hand but just to mess with her I switched it to my right, holding out the empty left hand. She just gave me an unimpressed look saying "Really?"

I finally handed it to her and she gasped loudly, reaching out to grab it. One thing I found funny about Hana was that she was probably the most dramatic yet nonchalant person I know.

"Thank you! Thank you!" She gave me a tight side hug and opened the packaging quickly to inspect it.

I just smiled in return, "Okay lets go eat now! I haven't eaten in hours" I walked towards the food court, turning back when I realized Hana was no longer beside me but still in her same spot trying to open the plastic wrapping around the blush that seemed impossible to rip.

"C'mon, someone is going to bump into you if you keep standing there" I pulled her arm so she could start walking.

"Good. Maybe some cute guy will catch me when I fall and he becomes hopelessly in love with me."