Double chocolate chip

I let out a breathe of content when I heard the lid of the container snap shut. The air around me smelling of the freshly baked cookies I just made.

I grabbed my phone and put it in my bag, putting my shoes on quickly before leaving out the front door. I held the red topped container in hands as I walked from my house to Jungwon's. Today was the day that he was going to tell his mom he wanted to go to school here in Korea.

I waited outside his house, I was assuming he was still talking with her based on the fact I texted him letting me know when he was done. I didn't want to interrupt them. I sat on the front steps and after the few minutes I passed time on my phone he messaged me back.

Won🐑:
were done already

Before I could even knock on the door he had already opened it, smiling slightly at me.

"Hi," I said smiling back.

He led me in and I saw his mom sitting on the couch. I walked over to her, asking her the usual. 'How are you doing? How is the garden keeping up?'

"Oh yes! The tomatoes I planted recently have been growing, they should be ripe soon. Maybe you can take some home for your family!" She offered.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes yes!"

"Thank you! I cant wait to try them" In all honesty I didn't really like tomatoes that much, the taste wasn't very good and the texture throws me off. But I didn't have the heart to tell her no.

She shooed us to leave since she could tell Jungwon was starting to get bored with our conversations as always. We raced up the stairs to his room. I won of course.

"Thats no fair, you pushed me down" He whined following behind me.

"Well, you should've thought to do it before I did." I shrugged.

"Whatever," he playfully rolled his eyes, grabbing my hand as he walked forward.

I sat down on the edge of his bed and he stood in between my legs looking down at me. Our hands still connected.

"Oh I made you cookies! Just to bring up your spirits in case it didn't go as planned" I handed him the box of cookies, opening the top just a bit to let the smell out.

His face immediately lit up and he opened it further taking one out.

"They taste just like the first time" he complimented.

"They're double chocolate chip by the way."

I patted the soft bed covers next to me, indicating for him to sit next to me to which he did.

"So how'd she take it?" I asked.

"Um," he paused as he finished chewing his second cookie. "It didn't go as bad as I expected. I think she was just a little sad that I wouldn't be at the same school as my sister."

"That's good, at least she wasn't mad at you or anything."

"Yeah I guess, but I just feel bad because I can tell on her face that she really wanted me to go there. She said that she still supports wherever I end up."

I know that if this was me in his shoes, my parents would've thrown a huge fit. Well more specifically my mom, I don't think my dad would care.

Though, she wouldn't want me going abroad she's just be disappointed if I didn't go where she thought was best.

"Are you okay though?"

"Yeah," he gave me a small smile that hid the tiniest bit of sadness. I could tell that as much he didn't want to go to his sisters school he wanted to make his mom proud. Also seeing his sister who he hasn't seen in a while would be nice. But it just wasn't what he wanted.