Tea

"Okay," I took a deep breath, the air puffing out of my cheeks.

The chunk of hair bundled in my hand being rapidly cut by the safety scissors I stole from Jiwoo.

Once it was all cut it laid limp, I held onto it with my mouth wide open in shock. I looked up at my reflection in the mirror in front of me.

"Oh my god, no fucking way." Was all that came out of my mouth. I just laughed as a response or some form of the sort.

The newly cut hair I had thrown in the trash can that I moved next to my legs. I had just cut bangs and I had no idea how I felt about it.

Thankfully they were still pretty long so I was able to trim them to the length I liked. Hopefully I don't mess them up any more than I already did.

I was fed up with these children's sized scissors and went around my house trying to find some sharper ones. I didn't want to my hair to look choppy. Tip-toeing my way around, stopping when a floorboard would creak a little too loud.

I didn't want to accidentally wake up my parents and have them scold me. I would too if I were them, seeing your daughter cutting her hair at 2 in the morning.

After finally finding some in a random drawer in the kitchen I shuffled my way back quickly to the bathroom. I sat down crisscrossed on the counter, cutting portions on my bangs.

I was going for a more wispy look, so I didn't cut them thick. I tried my best to do face framing. Since I'm right handed it was harder to do my right side with my left hand.

Times like these I really wished I was ambidextrous.

"Good enough." I shrugged.

I stared at myself in the mirror for a couple seconds debating if I should cut off a few inches at the bottom of my hair.

Go big or go home, right?

I ended up cutting a good amount, praying it looked straight in the back.

Once I was satisfied I cleaned up my mess and finally went to bed. I had no clue how I would explain this to my mom in the morning.

———————

"What happened to your hair?" My mom said stopping the task she was doing.

"Um...I cut it." I responded slowly, scared to what she'll say.

"And why's that?" She had her hand on her hip in a motherly discipline way.

"I don't actually know" I just did it because I felt like it.

I walked to school as usual, I tried holding down my bangs from getting messed up on the way. I used one of my moms curlers so it wouldn't look so flat.

"Why are the bathrooms always so dirty here?" Hana rolled her eyes annoyed as she placed her bag on the floor next to her.

"It always smells like flowers and throw up" I say based off of what I've observed when I use it.

"Ew." Her face scrunched up in disgust.

"Yeah.." I say copying her facial expression.

Hana and I parted ways, I waved bye to her as she went to one of her teachers classroom. Something about a couple missing assignments. she told me she wasn't going to take long, fifteen minutes tops.

I started walking to the area that we usually sat at and waited. I don't know why but sitting alone around people who were in groups always made me feel uneasy. I don't know why, I felt like they were judging. Even though that's most likely not the case.