Lets go eat

My foot repeatedly tapped the floor as my teacher took his sweet time to hand out each of our hand graded essays. Setting them on my classmates desk, leaving a comment on what they could've done better or what he liked.

I was really hoping for the later. His pace was slow as he dragged himself through the rows. Any other time he wants to be quick yet the day I need him to hurry up he does the opposite. I was eager to see what score he gave me.

He finally reached my desk, placing the printed out essay on top of my notebook.

"Good work Iseul. I particularly liked what you did for your ending statement." He said, "If I have your permission I'd like to keep your essay for my future classes."

"You want to- yes of course! That's totally fine by me!" I replied quickly.

"Great." He let me view my score before collecting the papers back.

I felt relived, this was the last final I was waiting for my results. After receiving my others I was satisfied enough to the point I wouldn't think about it all day. I did better than I thought I would've done. Maybe Jungwon was right, maybe I do doubt myself too much.

To top it off, this was my last class of my last day, of school this year. You couldn't imagine how ready i was to leave. Watching each second of the time on the clock go by, wishing for it to move faster.

I glanced at Hana who was currently trying to take a nap, not even noticing our teacher passing by. I grabbed her paper and saw her score, waking her up quickly to tell her the news.

"Hana!" I shook her violently, when she sleeps it takes a lot to wake her.

"What?" she sounded very annoyed with me, her voice groggy and hair in her face.

"You passed!" Her tired and confused state immediately being replaced by a joyful one. "You're lying!" She spoke loudly snatching the essay from me. She scanned over the dark blue marking, the huge letter C with a circle around it.

"I got a C!" She practically yelled, "Iseul I passed!"

"I told you!" My energy now matching hers.

"Ugh, I really thought this essay would be the end of me." She leaned back into her chair. Remembering her telling me how she would be more than happy with a passing grade, "C's get degrees" according to her.

I couldn't be prouder of us, both getting great scores, worried for nothing.

_________________

Sunoo:
Hey guys wanna go eat somewhere as a celebration of our last day of school

Unknown:
No

Unknown:
Sure!

Sunoo:
Niki be quiet that's why we're all leaving you next year😒

Unknown:
LMAOOO

Unknown:
Where at??

Unknown:
sunghoon you better not be laughing because I got some dirt on you

unknown:
...
yeah sunoo that wasn't very nice

Sunoo:
oh really Sunghoon? dont forget what happened yesterday 🤨

unknown:
...how do I leave this group chat?

unknown:
stop fighting I want to go eat

unknown:
all you ever care about is food 😪

Unknown:
WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY?!?

Me:
help im so confused? I dont have any of ur contact names besides sunoo