[7] Lavender Haze |Part 1|

A/n: Pre game and game moments :) an AU obviously. This is a heft two shot at whooping 3317 words to make up for being gone for so long.

A coping mechanisms.

These were the words often used to refer to the relationship Y/n had with her Android, with Simon. He was gifted to her by a few friends and family, a few weeks after the passing of her father. Someone to take care of her while she tried to continue with everyday life.

Simon although slow to being warmed up to was someone Y/n was grateful for. A twenty four hour should to cry on. He made the bad days a little more bearable, made the darkness that surround a little less dark. Brought something to look forward to coming home to.

Biting her cheek she hugged her pillow tighter to her body, eyes shutting as she tired to force sleep once more. The world has artificial intelligence... but it still doesn't have a cure for cancer. What ever will get people more money. Treatments cost money, and that's all the greedy want. People who want to be cured have to go for multiple treatments, that might not even work, if a cure was made... they wouldn't make as much money. Y/n shifted herself up, her head resting on her headboard, the cool wood easing the feeling of wanting to cry for just a moment. Closing her eyes with a sigh Y/n waited.

She wasn't sure how much time had passed before the sound of pots being moved echoed through the room. Y/n opened her eyes, attention shifting to the door; light illuminated from the bottom before two small shadows appeared in the light. Y/n stayed where she was waiting for the inevitable knock from her Android. From Simon.

A soft knocking soon echoed through the room. "Y/n?" Pushing the blankets off herself Y/n got up, her feet bringing her to the bedroom door before she opened it and stepped forward to wrap her arms around the blonde Android. "Bad night?" A hand rubbed Y/n's back gently and she let out a quiet 'yeah'. "I'll make some pancakes while you go take a cold shower." Y/n hummed before she pulled herself away from the PL600. "Are you telling me I stink?" The android chuckled before reached forward to tuck a piece of hair behind Y/n's ear. "Maybe just a little."

"Simon!" The blonde smiled and nudged Y/n in the direction of the bathroom. "It will help bring your blood pressure down, and a little extra endorphins never hurt."

And so Y/n went to the shower, her back on the door as she eyed the pyjamas on the counter top. Shaking her head Y/n let a smile pull at her lips as she stepped forward, slipping her clothes from her body and stepping forward.

-skipping most of the shower-

A knock echoed off the door and into the bathroom followed by Simons voice. "Can I come in for a moment?" Y/n swallowed thickly her hands dropping from her hair as she looked in the direction of the door, hidden behind the non transparent shower curtain. "Door's unlocked." The door opened near silently and Y/n peaked out from behind the curtain. On the table top were two towels. "Fresh from the dryer." Simon spoke from kneeled on the ground in his hands Y/n's discarded clothes. "Simon it's okay I can do my own laundry." Y/n's eyes followed Simon as he stood up with a smile, his eyes on her. He stepped forward, his hand reaching forward to cradle Y/n's cheeks. "I'll take care of everything, just get dressed, food will be ready in five minutes." Y/n leaned into Simons touch with a sigh, her eyes closing in defeat. "Thank you Simon" Simon pulled his hand back, his LED circling yellow as he distanced himself from Y/n. "No need to thank me it's my job after all."

Without another word Simon turned and left the bathroom, door closing softly behind him. Y/n watched the door a moment longer before she pulled her head back into the shower. She stood for a moment, head down and eyes closed as cold water continued to pelt the top of her head.

Turning the shower off Y/n wrung her hair out and stepped out, her hand grabbing the smaller of both towels. Stopping when she realized the warmth that radiated off the towels. A small smile pulled at her lips as she wrapped her hair and grabbed the bigger towel and wrapped it around her body. She stood quietly for a moment basking in the warmth of the towels after being cold for so long in the shower.