[3] Broken

[ FEMALE READER ]

A/n: References to the bible, mentions of the death of a parent. I needed to vent. Some how. This is the nightmare I've lived through. The one I wish I would wake up from... every single day. These are thoughts I've had through my healing, things that have happened since then.

Grief is like drowning.

Unlike what people think.

It's silent.

It suffocates you until you give up....

Or find your will to fight it

~

"ITS BEEN TWO YEARS!" The first trails of tears had carved the road for the future tears to follow. Their trails overflowing, the fresh tears leaving new trails for those following. "It hasn't gotten any easier, I haven't learned to deal with this loss like everyone said I would" eyes red, swollen from the hours before the android had come to check up on the girl. Cheeks red, mouth opened taking in and letting out laboured breaths.

She had returned home a few hours prior, a smile plastered to her face when her two year old German Shepherd had jumped up to greet her.

Luna, the pup was 8 weeks old when she first went home with the girl, to the house her mother and father lived in together. Their android a PL600 named Simon, curious of the small excitable bundle of brown and black fur, with brown eyes to die for.

•••

A new member to their growing family as of August 20, 2034.

Two months.
71 days.
1,704 hours.
102,240 minutes.

Luna knew her 'mother's' father for 1,705 hours, before he didn't return from the hospital.

She was there that night, asleep on a couch, only to be waken by her mother, tears flowing down her cheeks, like an unstoppable river. "Go tell your dad you love him" those words still haunted her to this day.

1 Year, 8 Months and 9 days.

14,808 hours

There is never a moment where she felt like she could have been a better daughter.

Told him

She love him more

Everything she ever did, be it sports or school, she did it for him, it was always for him.

She thrived to make him prouder then the day before.

When she made her states (sport) team at 14 he was at her side, giving her the prep talk she needed before the game, in front of hundreds, on camera for thousands, representing her home town. He took the overwhelming fear away. He was there when her team won gold.

He knew everything to make sure she pushed herself to the limit without feeling like she was ever going to give up. At 15 try outs happened once more, and he was at her side once more, although it was different, her uncle stepped in more because her father, most days was too sick to go to the gym to help train her. Her drive was stronger then ever, he drive to make her father proud once more, and take him to Toronto Ontario for the games...

He passed away... two months before she went to the final phase of the try outs. Heartbroken she continued, balancing school, training, and her school sports on her already unstable shoulders she pushed on. Her goal still to make him proud, at 16 she represented (sport) for (State).

Their team falling short to New York.

Blurs of purple clouded her vision.

Failure