[3] A Machine

Machine Conner x Female!Reader
Requested by user on Tumblr

I was too trusting, the RK800 wasn't capable of feeling emotions. I shifted my gaze from the brown eyes I had grown to adore and looked to the sky. Snowflakes turning into blues of white. "I really did not want to have to do this detective L/n" closing my eyes I slowly released the grip I had on the androids arm and wrist. I forced my breathing to even out.

"Detective Reed!" The Detective turned with a look of disgust in his eyes. "The hell do you want L/n" placing my hand on the detectives chest I pushed him back, my eyes narrowing. "Leave Connor alone, he doesn't work with you, and you have no right to treat him how you are treating him" the Detective scuffed and let out a snicker. "'Him?' IT L/n and why the fuck do you care? Huh? It's Anderson's new buddy and" he lifted his hand before point at me. "Technically what happens to it doesn't concern you either." Biting my tongue I glared at Reed. "Careful L/n, it's just a machine" his laughter echoed through the break room as he turned to leave.

Opening my eyes I looked to the machine cyberlife had created. "You've left me no other choice." The look of sympathy disappeared and a look of determination filled his brown eyes. "You are interfering with my mission" I let my hands release the androids all together and looked to the sky once more. "You're just a machine...." I was pulled towards Conner momentarily, his words clenching my heart painfully so. "Of course I'm a machine L/n, what did you think I was." I opened my eyes, staring into the brown eyes I've fallen in love with.

"I apologize for any inconveniences I have cause you Detective L/n" I smiled, my eyes studying the prototype android before be before a reached forward and straightened his tie. "It's no problem, Reeds just an asshat, just ignore him. Everyone else does." The smile the android gave me was too natural looking to have been programmed into him, and had caught me off guard momentarily. "Thank your for the information Detective." I hummed quietly before looking to the entrance of the break room. "Just Y/n is fine."

"If you are going to kill me.... just do it..." the flickering of the androids LED caught me attention momentarily and I let out a quiet breath before I turned me head away from the android and closed me eyes. The sound of the swirling winds calmed me, and lulled me into a false sense of security.

"Y/n" I felt a hand being placed to my side, and a steady pressure being applied. "Detective L/n" opening my eyes I was met with brown eyes I've grown accustomed to seeing daily. "I told you... Y/n is fine" I gritted my teeth as the pressure being applied to my side was increased. "I apologize Y/n but you did not reply to me the first time." I huffed out a breath of air before I bit my tongue as a prickling shearing white pain spreading from my side and throughout my body in bursts. "You will be fine Y/n, and back on your feet and working again in no time." I let out a laugh and looked to the android who smiled back at me. "Don't say that I want to enjoy my temporary leave"

I was jerked forward, and my hands hit the roof top as I caught myself. "I would advise you to return to the hospital Detective" at the androids words I instinctively moved my hand to my side, my eyes moving to watch at the RK800 walked back towards the sniper he had assembled to assassinate the leader of the android revolution. Connor lifted the weapon to look through its scope "That way you are healing..." he paused before placing the weapon down so it was leaned against the edge. "And out of my way, I will do what I must to accomplish my mission Detective" eyes narrowed in my direction. "Even if that means killing you."