Captain Allen [2] Shared Ink

[ FEMALE READER ]

~ Requested? No ~

AN: An AU where people are born with a soulmate, someone destined to be theirs. Their soulmate is difficult to find however, their only form of communication being their very own skin and an pen. In their young ages soulmates are often seen with questions and answers littering their arms. Most people after a few years less frequently write their soulmate, opting to focus on work, or school. The universe works in mysterious ways however, soulmates who may have lived across the country or in a different country all together somehow find each other.

Painting my skin, a blue ink sprawled across my forearm. 'Write and file reports'. Tilting my head at the words, I ran my hand over them. For years nothing had appeared, nothing, not a single hello, or questions. In my early year of my life questions and answers were always sprawled across my skin. As years passed things became less frequent, ink soon enough, never painted my arms nymore.

"David..." fingers ghosted over the scribbled words, a maturity in the cursive they lacked years ago. Reaching my arm out I grasped the pen that laid settled on my desk, cap being discarded among the papers on my desk. On my palm I scribbled a question onto it, small and neat. 'Police?' Running my fingers over his writing once more I focused on the files in front of me.

Hours passed, incoming becoming outgoing, incomplete becoming complete. Hand sore and tense from the hours of writing, fingers numbed from the constant tap that followed something written on paper. Sighing quietly to myself I settled back in my seat. Hand subconsciously rubbing over the skin that temporarily sat inked with the writing of the male I had come to know as David.

My eyes traveled to the question sprawled across my palm, the words being forgotten by the new set of words that littered my skin.

'Detroit SWAT'

"Detroit.... wait" I sat up straighter, my hand grabbing my pen once more, my hand writing a number into a clean patch of skin. A few moments passed before the familiar ding of my phone sounded throughout the office.

Unknown: Y/n?

Me: are you still at the station?

I had hit send before I even registered what I had wrote, my eyes widening in a panic once I had looked over the question over and over in my head. A ping sounded, my phone lighting up as another message came in.

Unknown: yes, I'll be here for awhile.... why?

Me: just wait there, 20 minutes at most.

My phone was quickly tucked away, jacket forgotten upon my chair as I rushed from the office. Muttering that I'll be back to the receptionist at the front desk. My hands shook, grip tight on the steering wheel of my vehicle. My eyes went to the directions displayed on my cars GPS.

15 minutes.

My steps stuttered to a stop, anxiety fluttering through my veins. The android who sat at the table sat with a relaxed smile. "How may I help you today miss?" The revolution that took place a few years prior left me wondering why she had stayed with her job. Her LED flashed yellow as she waited for my reply, eyes momentarily taking in my appearance.

"I'm here to see.... David..." the name of the male was accompanied by no last name, the action causing the android receptionist to tilt her head, LED flashing a yellow as she had processed the name I had muttered out. "I'm sorry miss but there are a few David's currently here, you're going to have to be more specific"

"Y/n?" The voice that filled the lobby was deeper than I had expected, it sent a rush of excitement down my spine. My body froze momentarily however, refusing to cooperate as footsteps neared. The hand that had rested itself upon my shoulder snapped me from the paralyzing excitement that flowed through me.

The hand was gloved, padding along the knuckles. My eyes followed his arm, eyes meeting with blue. "David..." his name was the only thing I was able to manage to force out of my mouth, breath hitching in throat at the small smile that the SWAT member gave me.

I could hear my heart beating, the drum almost deafening. "It took you long enough to write me" the words he had muttered seemed teasing, his tone had me smiling myself. Head moving towards the movement of his hand as he moved it to rest upon my cheek. Tilting my head down I muttered my reply "you wrote first..." nuzzling closer to his hand I closed my eyes, a useless attempt of getting closer to him.

The chuckle that left him had my heart skipping a beat. "That is true..." the feeling of his gloved thumb creasing my cheek had me releasing a sigh of content. "Have you eaten lunch yet?" Shaking my head I brought my own hand up to grasp David's within mine, keeping his hand close as I opened my eyes to look up at him once more.

"How about we go out to lunch, my treat" the small nod I had been able to accomplish had David smiling, his gaze moving to the android who had turned her attention to the computer before her, her fingers typing slowly in an attempt to busy herself. "I'm taking my Lunch early today, if anyone asks"

"Of course Captain Allen, I'll inform your unit" the android had seemed to glance towards me with an amused smile as she stated David's last name. The hand that rested upon my cheek soon moved, grasping my hand as David started to move.

"David Allen..." his name had slipped past my lips before I could stop it, his hand tightened around mine a fraction. "Y/n..." at his silent question I smiled to myself, my eyes focusing on the small smile David wore. "Y/n L/n" Blue locked with e/c, causing my smile to widen. Relaxation washing over my body as David pulled me closer to his body.

"You sure took your sweet time" his words were mumbled as he wrapped his arms around my frame, his bulky uniform not helping the fact that in this moment I craved the chance of being closer to him. A chance to embrace his warmth.

"Sorry..." muttering my words quietly, I tilted my head to look at the male that held me captive in his embrace; not that I'd want to ever leave. His touch was a drug and I was already addicted. David pulled away, the faint feeling of his arms wrapped around me leaving a feeling of vulnerability to was over me.

"Did you have a preference to where you would like to eat?" Shaking my head I watched curiously as David striped himself from his protective layers, leaving him in a black tank top. His gear was discarded into the back of an older car, the vehicle was one that he had to drive himself. I hadn't realized we had reached his car when we had stopped.

My eyes found their way back to David, taking in defining features. He pulled a grey sweater from the backseat of his vehicle. Faded black letters across the chest. DPD. "With all the questions you used to ask me I thought you'd be more talkative... something wrong?" His words had caught me off guard. The question causing a spiral of my own questions to fill my head. Although those were soon forgotten by the hand that grabbed mine once more, the warmth of his hand causing a spark of excitement to flash through my body.

"I'm just..." pausing I looked up to the blue eyed male, a smile ghosting my lips at the look of pure adoration clear in the way he had watched me in patient. "Shocked" the laugh that left David had me thinking, my mind spiralling to how I could have him laughing once more. "Glad I'm not the only one in shock..." he had started moving once more, leading me to the passenger side of the car. Opening it like a gentleman.

"Thank-" my words caught in my throat at the feeling of lips pressing against my cheek in a quick motions. "Sorry" the smile he wore as a sheepish yet confident one. One that sent my heart stumbling over its own beats. "I just had to."