Ralph [1] Promises

[ FEMALE READER ]

~Requested by @demonicdolly~

Ralph was... fidgety and unpredictable, looking past the knife, and the dead body in the bathroom just up the stairs; he was scared. The dents and cuts that littered his body from the day he deviated was a calling of his past. One he held onto, a past that had him frightened of the world and its people.

"Ralph doesn't like visitors" his hand barely shook, head tilted down in an attempt to hide himself from the curious eyes of the girl in front of him. "The visitor must leave, yes she must leave" his hand shifted, the white plastic that refused to be covered by his synthetic skin caught the light of the sun that filtered through the boarded up windows. "Visitors hurt Ralph, visitors are bad" the blade held in his hand inched closer to the girl before him.

The solid yellow of his LED had the girl before him swallow shallowly, her hands lifting slowly. "I'm y/n" the girls eyes shifted from the knife to the scar that was carved into his cheek. Blue tainting the once picture of perfection. "Y/n must leave. Y/n is not welcome here. No she is not." Hazel eyes shifted in uncertainty, scanning over the girl before him. "I won't hurt you, I promise" the smile that she gave the android caused his LED to shift to a flashing red. "Humans lie. LIAR!" The sudden raise of the blondes voice caused the girl to jump in surprise. Her body instinctively attempted to curl into itself in fear.

"I'm sorry" her voice was quiet, her arms loosely hugging herself, e/c eyes looking to the ground. "What?" Ralph's voice had quieted, confusion laced the quiet unsureness of his voice. His hand lowered slowly, his LED flashing to a steady blue as he processed the girls words. "I'm sorry, I'll go"

True to her words the girl had left, although she had gone back on many occasions, with small plants. Seedlings she thought would make Ralph happy. Although she had never set foot inside the house after that day. She wasn't frightened of the android, yes he had startled her when she suddenly had a knife waving in her face and he suddenly yelled, but she saw how scared he was.

In the girls hand was a small succulent. The plant was one she had wanted to get for herself on many occasions, although today she decided to get one for the android within the abandoned building. "Why?" She jumped at the sudden voice, her hands nearly dropping the plant in her hands. E/c eyes shifted to hazel eyes in unsureness, noting the calm blue LED on his temple, the girls body eased up.

"Here" slowly shifting her hands out towards the android so she wouldn't startle him. "You were a gardener android, I just thought... maybe you would want some plants..." the girls voice trailed off, her eyes down on the ground. "Ralph doesn't want to work anymore" the words that left the androids mouth had the girl lift her heard quickly, eyes catching the flickering of his LED as it switched from blue and yellow.

"I thought maybe you would want to decorate your house..." her hands shook, the small plant in her grasp vibrating softly with the movements of her hands. "I should have thought about this more-" Ralph's hands grabbed hers, steadying her shaking plant and pot. A moment of silence followed the androids actions. "Ralph's wants to show Y/n something." Uncertain eyes looked to the androids hazel eyes, the left eye which seemed damaged was a black and blue colour. An excited smile graced the androids features. "Come!"

Ralph shifted the pot into his own grasp and turned, practically running back into the house. The girl stayed where she was though, legs hesitant to move. "Is Y/n coming?" The androids head poked out of the opened door in question, his confusion had Y/n smiling, her legs finally allowing her to move. The smile Ralph gave her at that moments was enough of a reason for Y/n's smile to grow, her movements less hesitant.

The living room that Y/n had remembered to be bland and unpleasant to look at had plants scattered about, in respective areas that allowed the plant to get its required amount of sunlight a day. The trashed living space had been cleaned, objects neatly placed in one place or another. Giving the house a new and welcoming feel to it.

"It's beautiful Ralph" the smile that graced the androids lips at Y/n's praise had the girl smiling herself. A smile ghosted over her features at the happiness that seemed to spread throughout the android as the seconds passed. "It's beautiful, yes it's beautiful. Just like Y/n" the words that spilled from the androids mouth left Y/n choking on her own saliva. "Pardon?"

"Ralph is sorry for how Ralph acted when Y/n first met Ralph." He moved to place the plant in its new spot. "Y/n is nice." Ralph shifted, his hands clasped in front of him. "Thank you Ralph"

Days passed, Y/n continued visiting Ralph, bringing the android more small plants and other things to help out with them and keep them healthy.

"Ralph would like to thank Y/n" The blonde android held in his hand a small pair of clippers, he was trimming a small bonsai tree, placing the clipping in a small neat pile. Ralph turned to the girl, a smile gracing his features. "Ralph?" Y/n lifted a pot filled with small blue bells, partially opened blue and white flowers hanging freely. Her eyes drifted from the small plant to look at the hazel eyed android. "Would you like to come live with me?" The question hung in the air, the silence leavening the girl feeling fidgety.

"What?" Ralph tilted his head slightly, his LED flashing yellow in unsureness. "We can move the plants and you can have your own space, I have a whole back yard we can fill with plants ourselves. If you wanted to that is" placing the small plant back on the table, the girl shifted her eyes to the ground. "Y/n would let Ralph... live with her?" The unsureness in his voice urged the girl to look up, her eyes catching the blondes.

"But Ralph is broken..." the words broke Y/n's heart, and her body moved before she realized it, and she had wrapped her arms around the android in a reassuring hug. "You're not broken you're perfect Ralph. And I'd love to have you as a room mate." A silence fell, once that had to the looking up to the android in wonder. Although when she had looked up at him she notice he was already looking at her. Instead of the look of unsureness he wore a few moments ago he was smiling, excited and brightly.

Ralph lifted Y/n up, spinning her around as he told her how happy he was to be able to live with the girl. "I promise, I won't let anyone hurt you, you're safe with me, I promise" Y/n combed her hand through the androids hair, a soft smile forming as Ralph placed her back onto the floor; although he refused to let her go.

A/N: so I've actually really wanted to write for Ralph for a long time now, although I kind of refused to write for him because I felt as though I wouldn't do his character justice. I was scared of writing his character off. He's really the only one I was scared to write for that very reason. Writing for everyone else I was unsure when writing for their character, but I didn't mind that all to much. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this is my first attempt at writing for Ralph and I hope your enjoyed it. I'm planning a part 2 but I'm not to sure when that will be out.