part 4|a new hope?|

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: Love is like a violin - Ken dodd

Fury gathered the avengers around the conference table. He was to discuss their prisoner a few floors below. Natasha was silent and lost in thought; Steve looked conflicted.

"I think she could be a great asset to this team. She's strong and persistent. Whether that's used for the good or not currently is a different discussion." Fury spoke to the team.

"She admitted that she can't be fixed. She said we can't help her." Tony spoke waving his arms up.

"And since when was this group followers of orders, especially from someone lower than yourself, Mr stark."

Tony remained silent and Fury continued to preach.

"I suggest we all try to get her to join. I shall go see her immediately after this to discuss her options. Meeting dismissed."

Natasha was the first to stand up and immediately walked out to her room. The rest of the team did the same a second later.

Clint chased after Natasha hoping to catch her before she disappeared. He knew to leave her alone but wanted to comfort his friend.

"Nat!" He spoke loudly

She turned with glossy eyes just as she reached her room, with one hand on the door handle.

"Not right now Clint." The Russian spoke bluntly.

"I want to what's going on and what she said. It has affected you and it might help to talk about it." He spoke as he had finally caught up to her.

She sighed and pulled him into her room. She closed the door and slid down it. Normally she would never show this much emotion in front of anyone but, since it was Clint and the extremity of what was said to her, she didn't care.

"She told me about my mother. How I wasn't dumped and that she fought to not give me up."

"But can you trust what she said?"

"She knew my name Clint, my original one," Natasha said, looking away to hide the tear that rolled down her face.

-

Stygian sat slumped with her head against her cuffed hands. She was resting for now seeing as the team had left her alone. Her eyes were closed but were still aware of her surroundings. Even if she was asleep it wouldn't have mattered, she was an incredibly light sleeper.

"Miss stygian" fury called from outside the cell.

She kept her head in the same position as she did not have the energy to acknowledge the director.

"Seeing as I know you can hear me, I have come to tell you your options.
You can stay in this cell forever, therefore, metaphorically returning to your old life in hydra. Or you shall take the better option which will lead you to have a more beneficial life: join the avengers and let us help you. I suggest the latter."

"And why should I listen to you?" She mumbled into her hands.

"Because you would be able to accomplish something and turn your life around."

She groaned and slumped down the wall completely until she was lying on the floor.

"Give me some time to think"

"I will not be too lenient with this so take this as your last warning. You must have an answer by the time I come back."

"Sure, sure, whatever." She called from across the cell, waving her cuffs.

With that fury walked out.

She slipped her hands out of the handcuffs and rubbed her wrists. She got up and stretched as she knew this wouldn't last long.

"Inform the director! She has escaped the handcuffs!" The guard called.

Another ran off to the director's office but stygian didn't bat an eye. She didn't care and she knew that the director would be loose on her. She could see right through him

She pulled a knife from her waist and started playing with it. She laid down and threw it up to catch.

Stygian did this repeatedly until Tony and Steve ran into the room. As Tony got closer to the cell she threw the knife at the clear wall in the direction of his face. He was shocked as it had made a dent and kept its position.

The killer got up and walked over to the wall with a smirk and a deadly look.

"Come to persuade me? We all know what will happen."

"You need to stop. If you want any chance at any of us liking you then I suggest you get your act together"

She turned with her head low and began to walk back. Tony and Steve both thought they had managed to get something through to her. That was until she stopped in her tracks and began laughing maliciously.

This scared the boys. Whether they admitted it or not. All they knew was they were dealing with a psychopath.

"Oh boys, don't be scared. I'm your new teammate after all. But don't worry," the woman said finally turning around, "I'll watch my behaviour."

Her smug look and her agreement to join the team caused the boys to walk off in a hurry.

-

"Director. She has agreed to join the team. You should probably watch the tape for more sense." Steve explained once he had reached fury.

-

"When do I start nick?" Stygian asked with her back facing him.

"Currently we are still deciding if you deserve this, with that attitude of yours."

The killer stayed silent. Her attitude was only a front. Stygian also knew that this would be her only chance at redemption.

She sighed and began to speak in a monotone voice, " Fine, I'll act nicer."

-