part 39 |a way to start the celebrations|

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: Head over heels- tears for fears

-December 2nd (the day before Nat's birthday)-

"Hey, Nat," Y/n stopped her in the corridor. She had just finished training and didn't suspect any plans. "Pack a bag with some stuff to sleep in and some everyday clothes. We've planned something" Y/n smirked.

"What?" Natasha said shocked, having thought she would have a more relaxed birthday.

"Just trust me," she said with a smile, kissing Nat on the cheek, "we leave tonight"

Nat smiled and walked off into her room. Rather excited, she rushed packing but still made sure she had everything. She had gathered that the team had something to do with it by the fact that Y/n had said 'We've planned something'.

-

After Nat had finished packing Y/n saw her walk to the kitchen to the team.

Quickly, she snuck into Nat's room. She wanted to pack a dress Nat already had because she was scared that the one she'd picked out wasn't good enough.

After going into the assassin's closet, she settled on a dress that was quite fancy, that she had seen her wear to a stark party.

-

A while later, Clint walked into the lounge. He clapped his hands together and spoke with a genuine smile of excitement. The entire team was in the lounge waiting, including Maria, Sam, and Rhodey.

"Are we ready? The quinjet is set up so I think it could be best to set off now."

"Sounds good, let's go get bags and all load onto the jet," Tony said heading off to the lab with Bruce.

Y/n took Nat by the hand so they could get their stuff.

The brunette picked up her duffel bag from the corner of the room, which contained her clothes but also Nat's presents. The redhead picked up her bag, which was slightly smaller.

Nat laughed, "Where are you going with that much stuff?"

"Oh, you know, I've got one or two things to give my girlfriend whilst we're there," Y/n smirked leaning close to Nat.

"Oh really?" The assassin played shocked, continuing to smirk with the other girl.
"Everyone was there in the lounge, I wasn't expecting that," she said changing the topic slightly, wrapping her arms around Y/n's waist, resting her chin on the girl's chest.

"I hope it didn't scare you?" Y/n said seriously, holding Nat by the waist.

"No, actually, it made me quite happy. It's like, one big family. I'm thankful." She said, moving her hand to rest on the other girl's face. "I just hope whatever you and the team have planned isn't horrific."

Y/n laughed. "I promise it's not, I think you'll like it. It's good to see you trust my plans." She joked at the end.

"Hey! I just want to make sure we don't end up in the middle of nowhere." Nat responded laughing.

Y/n smiled and lifted the girl, so Nat had her legs around the brunette. Kissing her, all they could think about was how this felt like a dream.

"We should go," Nat smiled, tucking a bit of the brunette's hair behind her ear, knowing the team would be waiting.

"Okay," Y/n smirked, going over to the bed, dropping Nat on it, and repeatedly kissing her face.

Both girls left the room, to be met by Clint.

"Cannot keep it in your pants you two, can you?" He smirked knowing everyone else was on the jet and they had held everyone up.

He earned a punch on the arm from Y/n and a death stare from Nat.

-

After being on the jet for a little while, Y/n got an idea.

She faced the wall and whispered to Nat what she was about to do and the redhead thought it was a brilliant idea.

"Vision?" The brunette spoke

"Yes, Miss Y/n?"

"Do you think I could talk to Wanda privately for a second?"

"Of course. I mean, I cannot control what Wanda does."

Both Wanda and Y/n laughed as they stood up to go talk in the corner.

"So," Y/n started, a grin growing from ear to ear on her face.

"So?" Wanda was suspicious.

"I'd like to know, what's going on with you and toaster over there?"

"Toaster?" It took Wanda a few seconds before she realised who Y/n was referring to. "Oh! Oh, no nothing is going on," she said with a small amount of blush on her face.

"Really..." Y/n teased.

"Yup," she spoke quietly.

"So... if I was to ask you if you'd get with him, you'd say no?"

Wanda hesitated but then agreed.

"Okay then. Well, I'll leave you to go back to your easy bake oven. Think about it."

"Bye Y/n," Wanda smiled heading back to where she was originally sat.

"So... did it work?" Nat asked Y/n quietly.

"I'm not sure. I asked her if anything was going on and she said no, but then I asked if she'd get with him and she hesitated before saying no."

"You might have just made her nervous by putting her on the spot Y/n. That might be why she hesitated."

"But she blushed Nat. She blushed. I know she likes him, I can see it."

"You know, it took you a long time to realise I liked you, you might not have the best eye."

"Okay, fine. I have a plan. If the plan doesn't work then maybe I was wrong, if it does, you have to admit I was right."

"Fine. What's this plan anyways?"