part 27|company|

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles

Three days had passed and there was no sign of Stygian waking up. Natasha had barely left her side but also didn't want to show weakness in front of the others. She'd leave to train, eat and shower but that would be all. She enjoyed going to training so she could release her emotions that had been bottled up. Wanda had frequently visited too, as well as the rest of the team.

"Nat? You don't have to but why don't we do something? Maybe to take your mind off things?" Wanda suggested. The two had become quite close over the weeks.

Natasha debated it, she didn't know if she had the energy or not.

"Sure. Where are we going witchy?"

"How about we go shopping? I got Tony's credit card" She said with a smirk.

"First of all, how did you even get that? Second of all, yes let's do that." Nat said with a smile.

"We'll keep the first part a secret shall we?" Wanda said smirking.

"I knew you had a mischievous side, I could tell."

"What gave it away?"

"That cheeky smirk of yours," Natasha said, pointing to Wanda's mouth, whilst walking off to the car park.

When both girls had gotten into the car, Wanda put on the radio.

"I love this song!" The brunette said as she hummed along

When Natasha began quietly singing the words, Wanda looked at her with a slightly shocked expression.

"You like this song too?"

"Maybe," Nat said with a smirk.

-

Arriving at the shopping centre, the witch brought something up.

"You know I've never been to an actual shopping centre. It was always just the markets."

"Really? They sell some cool clothes here so I'll make sure to take you to all the good shops."

"Yay! Oh, also, I have another idea."

"Oh no. This cannot be good."

Wanda laughed and swatted Natasha's arm playfully.

"What if after we have been here, we go get some ingredients to cook?"

The assassin laughed at the girl remembering something.

"Last time I tried to cook something, Wanda, I set the kitchen alight. I don't think it's a good idea for me to be cooking proper meals." She smiled

"I can teach you!"

"Really?" She said with a laugh and a disbelieving look.

"Definitely," Wanda confirmed.

Soon after the witch had seen a shop that had a nice dress on the front display.

"We have to go there!" She giggled.

Both girls walked in and browsed the collection of clothes.

Afterwards, they passed a shop with jewellery in it. The jewellery wasn't wedding-level expensive but was still quite pricey.

The brunette browsed the ring section as she often liked to decorate her fingers with them.

Natasha had walked off into the necklace section. She quickly came across one with a small crimson, teardrop shape jewel at the end. Immediately when she saw it, it reminded her of Y/n.

Using her card, she bought it and kept it packaged pretty.

Wanda was right though, it had taken Natasha's mind off things for a while and even now didn't feel as bad as before.

-

After having browsed a few more shops, they went to the supermarket, for their ingredients. But on the car journey there they had to decide on what to cook.

"We need something that everyone won't mind, and will feed the entire team." The redhead spoke.

"What about paprikash? I used to love it as a kid and I know the recipe off by heart."

"Ooh, I like the sound of that. Let's do it." Nat said with a smile whilst parking.

-

The compound had a slightly more pleasing mood when the girls arrived. A few of the boys were chilling in the lounge, vision was trying to fit in, whilst a few were nowhere to be seen.

"Hey boys," Natasha said whilst walking in with a plastic bag, Wanda also had one and was by her side, she had also said hi to the boys.

"What are you making then," Clint said, resting his chin on the back of the couch.

"Paprikash, my idea," Wanda cuts in.

"Nice."

"What's the first step?" Natasha asked, getting prepared.

"Season the chicken, then put them in a pan with oil, it needs to fry for 5-8 minutes"

"Okay... I can do that."

She did as she was instructed and then moved on.

"Now can you add in the onion to fry them for 10 minutes?"

Wanda helped along the way, getting Natasha to cut vegetables and add them in.

"Well done you've managed to make something that isn't a sandwich," Wanda dug at Nat smirking. "And I'm pretty sure the kitchen isn't on fire either!"

"Don't get your hopes up, I poisoned it," Natasha said with a fake serious face.

Wanda fell for it however and got worried. "You did what?"

"Chill," the redhead laughed, "I was joking."

"Don't do that! I thought you were serious. You're a good actor." Wanda slapped the other girl, on the arm.

Natasha was shocked by the fact that the girl fell for it and couldn't stop laughing at her reaction.

"It's not funny!" Wanda laughed

"It totally is! Even you're laughing!"

"Fine, maybe a little." She said trying to contain her smirk.