part 17|dancing with our hands tied|

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: I put a spell on you - Nina Simone

Y/n and Natasha sat in the kitchen as well as the rest of the team. There were a few new faces, for example, one of Steve's friends, Sam, had come. Tony had brought a man called Rhodey too. Apparently, they help out the Avengers here and there.

It had been 2 torturous weeks since the wounding incident. Since then Natasha and Y/n hadn't spent much time together. Not by choice, just that they had been caught up in mission reports and/or health checkups.

Natasha keeps remembering what Y/n had told her. About the flashback and how she felt like she had transformed. But there was another thing she thought about often. The reason why Y/n hadn't bothered to tell Natasha.

'"Natasha it's not that you're the problem, it's not. It's more so, that I don't want to let you worry over something that happened to me. It feels like I was forcing you to look after me and I don't want you to have to do anything. I didn't mean to hurt you by not telling you, I just didn't want pity. I don't like seeming weak so I thought I could handle it. I'm sorry. I'll tell you next time. Please don't be mad."'

The last bit hurt the most for Nat. The fact that Y/n thought she'd get mad.

"Nat?" A voice spoke from the side of her.

She looked up to see a slightly concerned brunette.

"Are you alright? You just kind of zoned out?"

"Oh, yeah I'm fine don't worry about it."

"Okay..."

"I was thinking that we should do something, we haven't had much time to ourselves for a while and it might be nice just to relax."

"That sounds fun. How about you come to my room and we can listen to some music or something?"

"Okay," she said with a smile.

-

"We must dance to this song!"

She wrapped her arms gently around the redhead, starting to slow dance to the rhythm.

Natasha eased into it after a little while, becoming more comfortable and became riskier with where she placed her hands. She stared into the brunette's eyes finding an array of emotions; most were confident emotions.

Y/n took notice of this and did the same. Pulling the girl closer, she slowly moved her hands down her lower back, moving her other hand around the back of her neck.

Becoming closer once more, the brunette leaned her head down next to Natasha's ear.

"You know... you're a decent dancer." She whispered sending shivers down the redhead's spine.

"You're not too bad yourself..." Natasha said in response having her signature smirk reveal itself on her face.

Slowly, she traced a finger back up Natasha's spine. Moving her head away, she moved the hand that was around the other girl's neck to her chin to lift it slightly with her finger.

All Natasha saw was Stygian's mischievous gaze that scattered all over her. This woman had made her feel things that she didn't even know existed. She was entranced. Her entire focus was on the woman in front of her, and she noticed the hint of desire behind the woman's eyes. Like they were itching to break free and do something. Her lips carved beautifully and pigmented perfectly, started moving. She began singing subtly along with the words of the song.

"I'm yours right now... you hear me... I put a spell on you... because you're mine..." she sang with a small smirk escaping from the sides of her mouth.

Natasha moved her hand to tuck a strand of loose hair behind y/n's ear, revealing her face even more. Every tiny detail; every spec of beauty; every scar tells a story.

She kept her hand on the girl's cheek for a while but then slowly moved it down to her upper chest, still keeping eye contact.

This definitely wasn't something friends did, Natasha thought. Was Y/n trying to tell her that she liked her? Whatever it was, she was enjoying it.

"This is one of my favourite songs. So, thank you for this." Y/n spoke with a genuine smile.

Natasha didn't respond, they only got lost in each other's eyes.

Then Natasha broke it. She gently took Y/n by the chin and pulled her closer, connecting their lips.

They kissed, passionately, each second full of love and admiration. Y/n placed a hand around the back of Natasha's neck pulling her closer, not being able to get enough.

When they broke apart for air, both girls looked at each other with the same expression.

"You make me feel things no one else ever has, it's so new to me but it just felt right in the situation," Natasha said trying to keep her smile.

"It's new to me too, we'll figure it out together." Y/n laughed with a smile, just being extremely grateful for the entire situation. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Definitely." She said with an excited laugh, pulling the girl into another kiss, equally as passionate as last time.

"Wait. Isn't there a rule that says to not date anyone on the team?"

"Haven't heard of it in a while, besides, screw that."

Y/n just laughed at Natasha. She did love this woman.

"I totally understand if you don't want to but, can we keep this on the hidden side for a little while? Like from the team. I understand if you don't want-"

"That's alright, I was going to suggest the same thing," Natasha said, cutting the brunette's ramble off.
"But one thing."

"Mhm?" Y/n said expecting something bad.

"You'll have to try your hardest to resist me in front of the others," the redhead said with a smirk flicking away a few strands of her hair, sarcastically batting her eyelashes.

"That's easy I was expecting something worse," Y/n replied with a smirk crossing her arms.

"Oh really?" She said pulling her close.

"Totally..."