part 6|a new revelation|

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: call me Cruella - Florence+ the machine

It had been 4 weeks since stygian started training. She and Natasha would occasionally do fights but that wasn't often.

It was midday and the brunette had just finished her workout. She was in her room searching for her burner phone. She only checked it every two days for new messages; usually, there were none. This time was different.

'An agent has your file from hydra. This is where he is going to be tonight:"

There was an image attached with the location of the hydra agent.

She was going to leave tonight when the avengers were supposed to be asleep.

For now, however, stygian was playing normally. If the team was to find out she was doing things behind their back she would be in major trouble.

- time skip to that night -

It was half ten at night; Stygian sitting at the island in the kitchen with a glass of whisky when Natasha walked in. The brunette's gaze didn't shift but she was aware of Natasha having entered.

"Helping ourselves, are we?" Natasha spoke.

"Comes with the free accommodation, does it not?"
She spoke looking at Natasha through the side of her eye, bringing the glass up to her mouth to finish the drink.

Natasha sat down on the stool next to the other girl.

"What's up with you? Still pissed that I beat your ass in training?" Natasha playfully spoke, helping herself to a glass of water.

"I would've said I won training, but whatever makes you happy." She said with a smirk, not answering the first question.

Natasha gave a small laugh in return. Stygian then got up to put her glass in the dishwasher and began to walk off.

"I'm going to bed," the brunette lied.

"See you tomorrow then."

Once stygian got into her room, she locked the door and checked her watch. Using the heat traces she gathered that Natasha was back in her room. This indicated that she could start getting her kit ready.

Putting on her suit, she brought out a duffel bag for her weapons and weapon holders. Finally, she put on an oversized hoodie and took out the burner phone. Stygian entered the address onto her watch and re-hid the phone.

Taking a deep breath, she put her hood up and left the room.

-

Once she had made it, she dumped her stuff in the alley nearby. She took out her weapons and put them on, taking off her hoodie. Attaching her mask, the killer hid her duffel bag.

-

The hydra agent stood around the corner of the bar smoking a cigarette. This was the perfect opportunity for stygian to take him further into the alley in which he had positioned himself.

"What's with the costume?" The agent asked.

"Thought it would be fun. Adds to the mystery of your death." She said with a smirk pulling out a knife.
She slowly crept closer towards him, pointing it at his neck.

"Why are you going to kill me? I haven't done anything!"

She placed her hand firmly over the man's mouth and held the knife over his eye.

"Tell me where the file is." She spoke in a harsh tone, removing her hand.

"What file?" He asked, attempting to sneakily take his gun out.

She saw this and shot a bullet through his hand.

"Tell me," she gritted through her teeth, moving the knife closer and had her hand around his neck, "where, the fucking file is. The files that contain ex-hydra soldiers' backgrounds."

"They are transferring them tonight! In a warehouse five streets down! Just please don't kill me-"

"Alright that's enough" she spoke angrily.

The killer stabbed the knife through the agent's eye and then stabbed her signature knife through the man's heart.

-

Once she had reached the warehouse, she locked all the doors from the outside. Then, began to climb. She rested on the roof where there was a gap in the ceiling. She attached a silencer to her gun and began to aim.

She shot a bullet at the man receiving the files and then again at the agent giving them.

She jumped from the roof into the building dodging the bullets that were fired at her. Taking one of her swords out she began to kill every hydra agent in that room.

Once she had finished, she walked over to the final agent.

"It's you! Stygian! Dear, have you turned on us? Come home." The boss said.

"And why should I do that" stygian said tackling the man to the ground, holding a knife above him to kill the man.

"We helped you become the great killer you are to this day. You shouldn't betray us. You know the punishment." He spoke trying to get her to convert.

"Dickhead"

That was the last word the man had heard before he was another body stacked in the corner of that room.

-

Bending down the killer picked up the few files that had been dropped on the floor.

She read the names on the files. Most were failed experiments. But there was two that made her stomach drop.

'The winter soldier'

'Stygian'

Through her time at the tower, she had often heard Steve talk about a man called bucky. He was taken by hydra and manipulated into being the winter soldier.

She got up and left any unnecessary files but took the ones that read "the winter soldier" and her own.