part 8|bonding|

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: she's a rainbow - the rolling stones

After cleaning up her mess from last night, y/n went to go see Tony. She'd already discussed her "dream" with the others in the training room that morning so word had now spread about her name.

"Hey, Tony?"

"Yeah y/n?"

"I was wondering if I could go out and get some more clothes if that's alright? Like, go shopping? Just because I've got about four hoodies and I'd like to style myself better."

"Sure, here's my card, but you'll have to take someone with you."

"Thanks!"

-

Natasha's door was ajar but y/n knocked anyways.

"What?" The redhead spoke

"Can I come in?" The other girl mischievously said

"Whatever you're plotting I do not want to be a part of it." She said with a smirk as she opened the door fully for y/n.

"Hey! I'm not plotting anything. I was simply going to ask for your input with something I'd like to do."

"Why? You wanna ask me out on a date?" Natasha joked playfully.

(A/N: Prize for anyone who gets this reference)

"Maybe." Y/n joked back
"I was wondering if you could come with me to go shopping? I'm in dire need of some new clothes."

"Have-"

"Yes, I've checked with Tony. He told me to take someone for safety."

"And you picked me? How charming." Natasha said with a cheek

"Let's see, you've got Steve who wears shirts 5 sizes too small for him, and Clint who dresses like a dad, oh did I mention that the rest of the team is male?"

"Okay I get your point," Natasha said laughing.

"Besides your style isn't horrendous"

"You're flirty today aren't you," the redhead said with a smirk

"Only for you," y/n said with a large grin

The two girls left to go to the car park.

"Dibs driving!" The brunette shouted and jumped into one of the most expensive-looking cars.

"Absolutely not!" Natasha shouted back and chased after y/n.
"Out."

"Nope." She said popping the 'p'

"You can't drive."

"Who said I couldn't?"

"Me. Now get out." Natasha said putting on a straight face and trying to hide her laughter.

"Make me."

Natasha sighed, moving from her stern pose, picked up y/n, and placed her on the ground. Then she got into the driver's seat.

The brunette was too flustered and stood still trying to process it.

"Are we going shopping or are you going to continue being flustered."

"I am not flustered!" This got the girl moving.

Once Natasha started driving, y/n spoke up again.

"Your concentration face is funny"

"Shut up"

"Awww the black widow is sensitive"

"You're a really annoying individual, you know that?"

"Hmph," the brunette pouted and crossed her arms.

A small silence grew and Natasha tried to break it.

"What clothes are you hoping to get?"

"Well since Tony gave me his card I'm going to go mental," y/n said with a grin.

Natasha looked at her worried.

"Chill, I was joking, I won't go completely mental. I was hoping for some leather jackets, turtlenecks, some boots, maybe a few band T-shirts, oh, and some nice pants."

"I see you have style, nice," the redhead looked at her approvingly.

-

They arrived at the shopping centre and began browsing. Y/n came out with most of the items she wanted but only managed to get one leather jacket. It was a leather trench coat.

"I think Tony was talking about having a party soon. Are you going to come? You're yet to experience your first Tony Stark party." The assassin said with a smirk.

"Oh trust me I'm well prepared. You won't know what's coming."

"Ooo someone's confident, have you got an outfit? Are you going to wear that leather jacket?"

"Shhhh...That's a surprise," she shushed.

-

"Hey guys," Natasha spoke as she entered the kitchen with y/n.

"You're not dead! Thank god," Steve spoke happily.

"Pleasured that you think I'm stronger than her, Rodgers," y/n spoke with a huge grin

"What's all that stuff?" Clint asked

"New clothes, you should see my closet it's practically empty."

"Hey, y/n, wanna go on a run later? I'm curious to see how fast you run."

"Are you challenging me, Rodgers? I'm in. Meet here in an hour"

"Okay," He said with a smile

"That's not going to go well" Clint joked to Natasha.

"I don't know... I think she might stand a chance"

"Okay, you need to tell me what's happened between you two," Clint poked at Natasha, eager to know the answer, "you are never this nice to anyone, and suddenly you're nice to her after the stuff she said and did?"

Natasha sighed. "Nothing is going on"

"Are you sureee?"

"Yes. I mean that"

-

"You ready?" Steve asked as y/n stretched

"Are you? Hope you know what you're going up against."

Steve laughed at her confidence and started to run without her.

"Oh, so Captain America is a Cheater now? Let's see where that gets you."

She set off and took about two minutes to catch up to Steve at an even pace.

Steve was shocked as he thought he had already won so started running faster. Y/n pretended to be shocked and acted like she had injured her foot.

"Ow! My ankle! Steve, how do you run this fast constantly?"

"Training! You'll get used to it!"

"Oh, will I?" She said in a low, smug voice.

Y/n kept her distance behind Steve for a while to make it not seem obvious but as they reached their last mile, she ran at her full potential. Causing a large gap with her in front.

When they got back to the Tower she stood at the doors, waiting for Steve.

Once he got close to the doors, she pretended to check her watch.

"Took your time. Did you stop in a few shops on the way back?"

"Alright, I get it. I'm impressed at your speed."

"Why thank you, Captain Rodgers." She said with a proud grin.

As the elevator doors open to the kitchen with Clint, Natasha, and Thor in, y/n shouted: "Guess who lost the race! Your finest Steve Rodgers lady and gentlemen!"

"Told you." Natasha smugly spoke quietly to Clint.