Part 29|back in action|

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: Kiwi - Harry Styles

Once Y/n was able to train again, the first thing she wanted to do was beat Natasha in a fight. Ever since the accident, that's all she had talked about with the redhead.

It was incredibly early and the first day she was allowed to be active again. When she was fully awake. All the other Avengers would most likely be asleep for quite a while.

She had decided that once having gotten herself ready, she would return to the training room at last. Y/n partially missed training and she often saw it as a stress reliever.

After finishing her hair she headed towards the gym, getting ready to put some hard work into maintaining her physique.

She worked on lifting large masses of weights and even went on a rowing machine for a while.

She knew she didn't want to tire herself but continued to work.

Making her way to the boxing area, preparing her hands, she felt a pair of arms wrapping around her.

Immediately out of subconsciousness she twisted and performed the start of her self defence routine, only to realise it was her girlfriend all along.

Natasha was slightly shocked but laughed at the extremity of the reaction, causing y/n to frantically apologise.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry Nat" she laughed, "I didn't realise it was you"

"It's okay" she laughed back, "I just came down to see how you're doing. Don't try too hard you're still recovering you know."

"I know. Besides, I'll be fine. But since you're down here I think I'd like to see if I still have what it takes to beat you in a battle" Y/n grinned beginning to walk closer, wrapping her arms around the assassin's waist and gently kissing Nat on the forehead.

"Oh, so you'd like to fail to beat me again? Flirting with me won't help this time either."

"Are you sure?" She said moving her hand up the girl's side, onto her cheek, and then kissing her again.

Natasha just laughed at the girl's behaviour, kissing her back.

"I'm going to go wrap my hands, be ready," Natasha said pulling away.

Once she had finished preparation, Y/n was standing ready for the fight.

Y/n was being as confident as normal and made the first move; managing to make Natasha stumble. When turning around Nat grabbed the girl's hand, pulling her closer and then pushing her across the training mat.

Y/n bowed her head but turned it back to Natasha slightly, wickedly grinning, revealing her quite sharp canine teeth.*

*a/n No she is not a vampire, she just has slightly sharper teeth

Natasha never backed away in a fight, but this was an exception. She had taken a step back subconsciously.

Y/n ran towards the assassin, beginning to perform the redhead's once signature move, just to spite the girl.

Natasha struggled for a second but managed to trick Stygian out of the move, escaping after a short while.

Y/n got her into a headlock and whispered into her ear, "Do I scare you, darling?"

Natasha needed to ignore this so she could regain control, but this was way further than the flirting last time. Y/n had never said anything like it.

However, soon, she had the advantage for a while and even had the brunette pinned to the ground. That was, until, she was flipped.

"You should know you can't beat me at this point," Stygian said smirking.

"You know I'm too stubborn to lose. I'm upset you don't know me better."
The redhead spoke deeply, throwing Y/n off her and quickly kicking the girl's stomach, winding her.

With an incredibly strong grip and a scary change of expression, Y/n grabbed Nat by the neck starting to lift her off the ground.

The redhead thought she was playing around at first, but when she didn't let go after a second, she could see the war behind her eyes. Something was spreading and mixing with the normal sparkle of her eyes.

"Y/n?" She said in a slightly worried tone. The girl's grip kept changing from strong to loose in a matter of seconds repeatedly.

After hearing Natasha talk her eyes returned to their normal sparkle and Stygian immediately lowered the girl, backing away.

Even though Natasha was incredibly confused as to what had happened, she still walked towards Stygian, holding her arms out in a welcoming manner.

"It's okay." She said moving towards Y/n, pulling her into a hug. It took a minute before the brunette wrapped her arms around the redhead.

Staying like that for a while, Nat realised that it must be a lot later than when they first started and suggested that they should leave.

As soon as both girls were in their room, Natasha closed the door and immediately spoke.

"Okay, I need to know, are you alright? What happened down there?"

Y/n was just sitting on the edge of Nat's bed, shaking.

The Assassin moved over to the bed and sat down next to her.

"It-it wasn't me. It took over. I-i tried to take control but-"

"It's okay. At least I know. Thank you." She said holding the girl's hand. "We'll figure it out sometime in the future but we don't have to worry about it for now."

"Thank you."

Nat got up and went to find her jacket, once she had it she pulled out a box.

"Wanda and I went out the other day and I got you something."

She handed Y/n the box. Opening it, revealing the necklace, Y/n's heart melted.

She got up and immediately pulled Nat into a hug.

"Thank you," she mumbled into the redhead's neck.

"I saw it and it reminded me of you so I got it"

"I love it," she said whilst putting it on immediately.

"I'm glad," Nat smiled.

"I've got an idea, let's go get something to eat and then we need to get ready after."

"Oh, no. I dread your ideas this can never be good."

"How dare you," Y/n pretended to be offended and acted shocked, "My ideas are always brilliant, and besides, you'll love this one. Now, come on, I'm going to make the team some lunch." She said pulling Nat by the hand.