part 46 |nice to see you?|

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: Cosmic Love - Florence + The Machine

The three Avengers that were sent on the mission had picked their spots and waited for the transaction to begin.

After half an hour of waiting, the hydra rat and presumably the people wanting the information, turned up.

The rat had a folder with some low-level future missions and any important other information.

After a minute or so of being there, the leak dropped to the floor. There was a bullet hole in his head. Sam shot the other two a glare.

Two soldiers walk through the door, machine guns in their hands, both with identical masks.

Rapidly firing bullets at the rest of the people in view, Stygian pulled out her knife to finish them off.

When Nat had seen Y/n, she gasped, blowing their cover.

Y/n had physically changed a lot. She had grown more muscles but still looked weak and exhausted. On her face, due to the eye bags, you could tell she was sleep-deprived. She had hundreds of bruises all I've her body and many new scars, which Nat had noticed. There was a shakiness about her, that was subtle from afar, but the closer Nat looked, the more she noticed how prominent it was.

Steve had the same reaction. Seeing Y/n was part of it, but also seeing Bucky again. He was still trapped.

Y/n looked over to where the noise came from, as did the winter soldier.

Knowing their cover had already been blown, Steve jumped up with his shield, protecting Natasha, who had also stood up.

Once Natasha had looked Y/n in the eyes, she could see their lifeless, robotic, controlled expression fade. Their eyes changed to what looked like sadness, pity, loss.

Before anything else could go further, the shocker on Y/n's neck eventually went off.

She groaned loudly, falling to her knees and fainting.

Natasha was horrified. Seeing her loved one in pain made Natasha infuriated.

Sam, Steve and Nat started shooting at The winter soldier, hoping to stop him.

Sneakily, whilst Sam and Steve distracted the winter soldier, Nat placed a tracker in Y/n's shoe.

If it couldn't make it the whole way back to the base she was being held at, Nat had hoped it would at least give some pointers.

Quickly, the winter soldier grabbed Y/n by the collar. He threw a grenade and ran off with the girl.

They tried chasing them but had completely lost track of where they had gone.

"Seriously? Our only chance to get her back and it was only the three of us on a mission? This is a joke!" Nat was furious but was also so incredibly upset that she had tears rolling down her face.

-

Y/n had woken up to an unbearable amount of pain. She was being rapidly beaten by the officer.

He was punching her, shocking her, and even stabbing her a few times.

"This is what happens when you are useless on missions. This is what happens when you are pathetic. This is what happens when you betray us. Your home. You're a worthless piece of shit." The officer kept saying to her.

The world was spinning for her. Her hearing was loud at points and quiet at others. She was handcuffed to the ceiling and left to hang.

"Leave her here for the next few hours, then uncuff her and let her fall." He ordered the soldiers in the room.

Stygian had accepted that she would bleed to death. She had accepted the fact that she would never see Natasha or any of the Avengers again. In fact, what had happened on the mission was a haze to her.

Usually, when being controlled, she still remembers the things she does. The people she kills, the terror she causes, except this time, she doesn't remember anything past the point of killing them men.

She could remember a faint glimpse of Natasha's face but she couldn't tell if it was a dream or not.

Y/n had been kept in this prison for long enough to convince her she was insane. Actually, she knew she was insane.

All she could hope for was that this death would come quickly so she wouldn't have to endure any more torture.

Every second that passed, she could feel the blood slowly drip out of her and down her body.

Contrary to her wishes, the serum was fixing her stab wounds rapidly, slowly reducing her blood loss.

-

When Nat got back, she immediately checked the tracker.

She didn't care about the mission report. She didn't care about what Fury wanted to say.

Her main priority was this.

Finding Y/n.

After finally getting into her room without being bombarded with questions, she opened the laptop and synced it to the device in Y/n's shoe.

Looking at the route from the warehouse, it showed about a couple of hour's journey.

The tracker stopped at a random location in the middle of a forest that was in the middle of nowhere.

It made sense to her that this would be where the base was, but then again, she also thought it could be a trap.

Nevertheless, the redhead's first instinct was to tell the team and get them prepared.

She would do anything to get Y/n back, now.