part 21|that's the past, your future is different|

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: Time moves Slow - BADBADNOTGOOD

Once the Avengers had arrived at Clint's House they were shocked. Only Natasha knew he had a family.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" The small girl asked the archer.

Y/n couldn't help but be distracted by this adorable scene. They called her Auntie Nat. Her heart practically melted knowing that Nat was close to this family.

"Why don't you hug her and find out?" Natasha smirked, walking over to hug the child, and placing the girl on her hip.

Natasha caught a glimpse of Y/n's expression. It was hard to make out. It had hints of sadness, admiration and even happiness. The redhead only smiled back as she did not know what to say.

She had realised that Y/n will have been affected by Wanda's powers too and the thought of that made her want to cry. She didn't want anyone or anything to hurt Y/n and she wished to protect her from everything for the rest of her life. The only problem was, you can't do that in a job like this. You go into it expecting to not come back out.

-

Natasha had just finished in the shower and walked out in a robe. She saw Y/n sitting on the opposite side of the bed, fully covered.

"Y/n?"

The girl got a fright at the disturbance in the quiet around her. She quickly rubbed her face, discarding any tears that had previously escaped her eyes.

"Yeah?" She said turning around; putting on a fake smile.

"Come here," Nat said with an upset smile. She went to go sit by the girl, putting her hand on the brunette's back, causing Y/n to flinch.

The redhead was shocked, whatever Wanda had done to her had destroyed her.

Y/n's hand trembled as it made its way to Natasha's.

"I tried to stop her. I knew what she could do but she still wrecked the team. I just ended up pissing her off even more. I mean I did kinda stab her brother."

"Oh, Y/n."

"I'm sorry."

"You don't need to apologise. It was a mission and you did what you had to."

"Yeah." She said placing her head on the assassin's shoulder. "Thank you for being here, it means a lot."

"I'll always be here for you y/n"

Stygian gave a sorry smile and spoke up again. "I'm going to change. I'm exhausted."

She stood up and walked to the desk where her spare clothes were. As she faced away from Natasha she took her shirt off, revealing her lengthy scar.

Natasha tried to contain her emotions but ended up letting out a small gasp.

Y/n bowed her head and frowned.

"When she messed with my mind, it showed me a flashback. When they gave me this." She let out a small sniff as the tears began again.

She finally turned around, seeing Natasha getting up to go comfort her.

"It's okay. You're not with them anymore, and what they did to you does not mean you're any less of an amazing person. You're still beautiful and your heart is still kind."

Y/n leaned forward, resting her head against Natasha's. The redhead began to wipe the other girl's tears.

"It showed me the red room too. It was also a flashback. The punishment."

Y/n held Nat's cheeks. "I'm grateful that you're able to tell me this. I'm so happy I know you."

Natasha felt the same, it was tough for her to talk about her past, and now she had found another person to be open about it with.

"I love you, Nat."

She melted. No one had ever said that before and it made her incredibly happy. 

"I love you more than you could ever possibly imagine," Natasha replied but shortly ending her sentence with a long kiss.

Y/n pulled her body closer, placing her hands around the woman's hips. Nat moved her hand to hold the back of the brunette's head, not getting enough of the experience.

When the make-out session began to evolve, Y/n pulled back for a second.

"I think we should save this. It doesn't seem like the right time and we are in someone else's house as guests."

"That's a good point. We should probably go downstairs and see how everyone else is doing."