𝟏𝟕. 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐲 - 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐳𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐰𝐬𝐤𝐢

★ ★ 

You were a champion in volleyball. Everybody worshipped you. Everyone looked up at you. You were the inspiration for volleyball. You were also a great person to comfort someone. It was your aura that let everyone love you. Even Nicola Zalewski.

He played football whereas you played volleyball. Some people may say that 'Polish people are better at football than volleyball'. 

They are completely entitled to their opinion. However, when it comes to, volleyball you have to agree that Polish people are better. Although you play different sports, you still manage to love each other as much as you love the sport.

In one match, you were dominating the other team. It was the world championships for volleyball and you were playing for the Polish national team. You always loved playing with your teammates, as not only were you with them when you were just barely an adult. 

It's that bond you have with each other. It's like you grew up with each other in high school. You're always gossiping like teenagers.

You were doing so well but, a powerful hit from the opposite team made the ball cause direct contact with your nose. It was like a waterfall of blood. You never got injured. It was impossible. You were unbreakable, though just one player made a powerful enough hit to make you bleed. 

You fell to the ground, also all of your teammates rushed towards you. You looked at the stands to see Nicola having a scared and nervous look on his face. You didn't want to worry him, as you thought you were a burden.

You quickly brushed it off and the medical team came towards you and assisted you a little. The coach warned you to stay off for the rest of the match, but you being stubborn, you didn't allow that. You were Poland's best player, their team captain. You couldn't be off for even a couple of minutes. Hell, not even a second.

You got back into the game quickly after drinking some water and wiping your bloody nose. After a couple of minutes, it was a timeout. Nicola rushed to you, concerned.

"Jezus Maria, czy wszystko w porządku, kochanie?" jesus christ, is everything okay love? Nicola asked, concerned.

"Tak, nic mi nie jest, nie martw się," i'm fine don't wory. You reassured him.

"Nie wierzę ci..." I don't believe you.

"I'm going to be fine. Don't worry." You quickly said before they got you back into the game. Nicola had to go back to the stands and sit down. Thank God he didn't sit far away.

You were playing for a little till you started feeling dizzy. You played it off as nothing till you got hit again. This was rare, as people never target you. It was unexpected to be hit twice. Wincing, you fell back and hit your head on the hard ground.

It was a couple of seconds before you saw Nicola and your whole team rushing to you, calling your name and shaking you. You still managed to pass out.

Everyone was so concerned that they didn't know what to do. You were always quick on your feet and the best player. The whole team knew you were going to lose, but the most concerned person in the team was Martyna Łukasik. She was the youngest in the team (apart from you) and she was your sister (not biologically).

Eventually, the medical team brought a stretcher placed you on it and took you away. There was a miserable atmosphere, as they knew they would most likely lose.

It was after the match and Poland won. They were all surprised as they thought they would lose without the star player, yet they still made it.

They were happy with the win, however, they were still upset as they couldn't celebrate it with you...

A couple of days have passed since that and you have gone back to training. Everyone had to be careful all the time, even your boyfriend. They all knew you were capable of doing stuff, yet they didn't want you getting knocked out or anything.

In a couple of days, it was Poland vs. Serbia. It was also the finals... While Poland was topped for being the best team in volleyball for men. Serbia topped it for women.

You were finally back in shape in time for the match. Although everyone was apprehensive about placing you in the line-up. Yet you convinced them enough to be placed in.

That couple of days went by quickly, as you were too thrilled and were drowned in the training that you and Martyna had done together. Even Stefano Lavarini said you have improved since the last games you played.

It was the day of the match and you were getting warmed up a bit by just hopping around. Quick time skips to the first time out and Poland was up by 2 sets so far. It was intense. The number of rallies going on. You were all getting some water and resting up till the time out was done.

Serbia won the next set. You were all pretty upset, but you were still playing.

It was the second time out, and you all made a game plan. You suggested you should get hurt and have someone behind you to get the ball, but everyone disagreed. however, due to the number of times you were begging them to do it, they gave up and let it happen.

So that is what happened. You got hit in the face with the ball, yet Martyna was behind you and hit the ball, allowing Poland to score and win.

Poland ended up winning the final, and you were all ecstatic. Although you got knocked out in the process of winning the games, you all won.

Nicola ran from the stands and hugged you and kissed you. He was so worried about you throughout the whole game.

"Nigdy więcej się nie krzywdź." never hurt yourself again. He said, hugging you.

"I won't don't worry." You hugged back, relieved your injury wasn't that bad and you feel like your head is made out of steel now because of it.

★ ★ 

AN: I had to kinda rush this as a Barca match is starting and I want to watch it so yeah. and the parts for the volleyball matches are googled so please do correct me if I am wrong.