𝟐𝟏. 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐥𝐞 - 𝐛𝐮𝐤𝐚𝐲𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐤𝐚

★ ★ 

Y/N POV:

I had made a deal with Bukayo. My brother, Martin Ødegaard told me that my best friend of 9 years liked me when we were in secondary school. As soon as I found out, I was speechless. I blushed. Martin laughed the whole time at my reaction.

Nobody ever told me Bukayo liked me. Not one of my friends.

I thought it would be cool to negotiate with Bukayo. Martin was next to me and I called Bukayo. Martin also told me he still liked me! It has been 9 years since secondary and we have been friends for that long and he liked me for that long? I am surprised he waited for me.

I called Bukayo to negotiate.

"Hey, Kayo!" It was a nickname I gave him in year 8 when we were 13.

"Oh, hey Y/N/N!"

"So, a small birdie told me you liked me. It's fine if you do! But I have a deal! As soon as you score in the next game, I'll take you on a date! What do you say?" I heard him shuffle and squeal. I laughed while Martin wheezed beside me. I had to make sure Bukayo couldn't hear him or he would think this was all a prank.

Bukayo cleared his throat then continued, "Oh, sure! Watch me win the bet."

"Let us see then, Kayo." I ended the call smirking and Martin bursted out laughing.

★ ★ 

Today Arsenal and Crystal Palace played. I got to my stadium seat with popcorn and my Saka shirt. Martin begged me to come in my other shirt without his name on it. I didn't mind, and he also told me that Bukayo had been working his ass off for this match. I guess he desperately wants that date.

It was kick-off, and they started playing. Thank God the match was at Emirates Stadium.

It was the 28-minute and Gabriel Martinelli scored! Bukayo assisted him. Honestly, if Bukayo didn't score, an assist would be enough for me to take him on a date.

After 43 minutes, Ben White got close to the goal and passed it to Saka and he scored! As I cheered, he made a heart with his hands and pointed at me. His whole team cheered him. Probably because he scored a goal or Martin told them about the bet. However, knowing Martin, he told everyone.

I was so happy about the goal but also excited about the date. I had a crush on Bukayo in secondary school.

They stopped celebrating and carried on playing. Soon enough, it was halftime. Saka went into the tunnel with a massive smile on his face. As much as I wanted to step in there and congratulate him, I couldn't. Plus, it was only half-time. Not even 90 minutes have passed.

I had a couple of conversations with the Arsenal WAGs and they kept teasing me about the date. I guess Martin couldn't keep his mouth shut. Then the second half started.

In the 55' minute, Granit Xhaka scored making the score 3-0. The stadium's exhilaration was phenomenal.

Afterwards, Jeffrey Schlupp scored in the 63'. I was upset, but Arsenal still had the lead.

At 74' minutes, Bukayo scored again! Kieran Tierney assisted him. This time, he celebrated with his teammates. I didn't mind that he dedicated the goal to me. We already have a date. The number of screams and cheers heard in the stadium was wild. The score was now 4-1 and if everyone gets lucky, the score will become 5-1 or it will stay that way.

That's what happened. The score remained 4-1 after the WAGs were allowed on. Bukayo was talking with my brother and others until I ran up to him and jumped on his back.

He caught me and ran around the pitch with me on his back. The whole team laughed at us and when we got back everybody called us 'young lovers'. The amount of ecstasy I had at this moment was brilliant. Not only did the team win, but I finally went on a date with the same guy I liked in secondary.

★ ★ 

I was dressed casually as I was on a casual date with Bukayo. I also told him to dress casually as we were having a picnic in the park we always went to as kids.

I finished setting up the picnic and the sunset until Bukayo arrived.

"Hey, Y/N/N." I turned around and saw him. He was dressed in a black shirt with jeans and Jordans. Of course, this guy must be prepared for anything. I was dressed in cargo pants and a long-sleeved top with Converse.

"Hey, Kayo. Do you remember this park?"

"Of course, I remember it! This was the park we both used to hang out at before and after school."

"It was also the park that you jumped off the swing and had a cramp in your foot and I had to carry you home." We both laughed at the memory. The two of us listed the memories we had in this park laughing at each other and each other. We made so many memories at this park and hopefully, we can make more as fully-grown adults.

"Y/N, you already know my secret, so... will you be my girlfriend?" This was finally it. The question I wanted to answer for so long.

"Yes, Bukayo Saka. I will gladly be your girlfriend." I smiled, and we both hugged. It was so tight that I could barely breathe, yet it was so comfortable.

We both pulled away smiling, and I cupped his face and asked, "May I?" He nodded, and we both kissed. It was our first kiss. We felt butterflies in our stomachs and our hearts raced. We knew that it was the start of something special.

We both pulled away for air and I spoke. "I guess the 9 years of you crushing on me are over, Kayo."

"Who said they were?"

★ ★ 

Sorry for being dead but I posted! I know I said I will post once I finish the other book I am currently writing but I couldn't help it. I haven't updated this book in weeks so I decided to be nice and update it 😝😝

Im gonna disappear again guys 😋😋