𝟐𝟓. 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐮𝐲 - 𝐫𝐮𝐛𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐬

★ ★ 

After Manchester City won their treble, Ruben and I's relationship was made public after 1 year and he wanted to meet my parents. It was a week after the celebrations and we were both lying in bed scrolling on our phones till my boyfriend spoke up. "When are we meeting your parents?"

"Next week? We have to catch a plane on Thursday. I thought you knew?" I said, confused about how he forgot.

"Sorry for asking... I'm just nervous, that's all..."

I gave him a puzzled look, to which he responded saying. "I'm just nervous because what if I make the wrong first impression? What if I start stuttering and make an utter fool of myself?"

I gave him a sympathetic look and stopped him from talking. "It's fine! I'm confident you'll be okay. Trust me. Plus, my parents always ask me about you. And you're a footballer! Football is practically a religion in Brazil, so you'll be fine."

"Maybe you're right..." I smiled at him and we both set our phones down and started getting ready for bed.

★ ★ 

We were packed to go to the airport until I couldn't fit more clothes. I needed all the clothes I picked. I knew Ruben would say no to me asking him if I could put some clothes in his suitcase, but he didn't have to know. I quickly zipped open his suitcase and packed two dresses and a pair of shorts until I heard someone clear their throat behind me.

"Meu amor... you know you could've asked me..." my love I slowly turned around and saw Ruben leaning against the doorway, shirtless and with his arms crossed over his chest.

"I knew you would say no..."

"Fine, I'll let you put on a couple of clothes, but hurry up. We have to leave soon." I nodded my head and finished putting a couple of clothes in his suitcase and changed into better clothes.

Once I finished, I took myself downstairs with the suitcase and stood proudly on the stairs. The suitcases were heavy, I have to admit. Then Ruben came up to me and kissed my forehead. I honestly could never understand how I managed to date him. I looked up at him and smiled.

We put the suitcases in the car (well, mostly Ruben did) and started driving to the airport. Although it wasn't a long drive, it was quite a trip. I guess we skipped time blasting songs in the car while getting weird looks from others.

Once we got to the airport to go to Brazil, we checked through security and everything until we got on the plane. Ruben held my hand tightly the whole time. I knew he was nervous because his whole hand sweated. As much as I wanted to tell him, I couldn't, because I didn't want to ruin the moment.

I looked at Ruben and he looked at me. When I saw his nervous look, I gave him a sympathetic look as well. I knew my parents would love him, as I said so much about him. They always check my posts and his about each other. They also watch my life and I am pretty sure they always ask me anonymous questions about him.

The plane started to fly and then we went to South America, Brazil.

★ ★ 

We landed in Brazil got our bags, and called my brother to pick us up. My brother met Ruben at the Champions League final. He was always a Manchester City fan, so you could imagine the look on his face when I was rumoured to be his favourite players' girlfriend. At first, he didn't believe it, but when I got on the pitch to see Ruben he found out. Anyway, Ruben and my brother hugged and handshake. Typical boys.

My brother drove us to our parent's house and then we got to the front door. Nervously, Ruben put his hand on mine. He was extremely nervous. I thought he would piss himself or rip my hand off. "Babe, you're gripping my hand too tight..." I kissed his hand and he let go a bit but still held onto my hand.

My mother opened the door and immediately hugged me, then my brother and then Ruben. "Você deve ser o Rubens! Entre!" you must be Ruben! come in! My mum was always friendly and a sweetheart. She was probably the sweetest and kindest woman in Brazil. She always helped everyone, no matter their situation. She was the definition of an angel.

"Sim, estou. É muito bom conhecê-la senhora." yeah I am. It's nice to meet you, ma'am. Ruben tried going in for a handshake, but my mum grabbed him by his shoulders and gave him a tight hug. She was extremely excited to meet him, but I bet my dad would be blown away when he met him. He was probably like my brother. A Manchester City fan.

We walked into the house and set our bags at the entrance. We then moved to the living room where my dad was lying down watching Money Heist. This was a show I recommended to him. At first, he was uneasy watching it, but when I said that Ruben enjoyed it as well, he started as soon as I mentioned him.

My dad turned his head and saw Ruben and got off his ass and practically ran to my boyfriend. "Você deve ser o Ruben Dias! Eu e meu filho somos grandes fãs! A propósito, você joga maravilhosamente bem!" You must be Ruben Dias! My son and I are huge fans! By the way, you play amazingly well! I knew my dad would love him. "Devo falar inglês para você? Seria mais fácil?" Shall I speak English to you? Would it be easier? My dad asked Ruben, and he nodded.

"So, Ruben, tell me. Do you plan on marrying my daughter?"

"Of course, I couldn't imagine myself with anyone else but your daughter."

"Would you hurt my daughter?"

"I would never dare to."

My father gave me a proud look and a smile, telling me 'You have found the one.' I knew I did. If he didn't ask me out when I saw him in Manchester, I probably wouldn't be travelling to England and the world for football games.

★ ★ 

thank you @aninha1400 for recommending Ruben dias 🫶🫶