Chapter One

RICH KIDS FIND OUT

Marceline Phelan

"Mom?" I called out.

"In the parlor!" She shouted.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

She was going through some of my clothes. Some of my glasses and shoes. "My friend Harriet's granddaughter needs close. She's from Alaska so she don't have clothes like this," She sid, throwing clothes all around. I frowned.

"So why are you on eBay?" I asked her, crossing my arms over my chest.

When she didn't say anything I shook my head in disappointment. "How much did you lose?" I asked her.

"Five hundred," She whispered, avoiding any eye contact with me.

"Mom!" I scolded. "I thought I told you no more gambling!"

"I'm sorry," She apologized, still not looking at me in the eye.

"And plus, by selling my Batman shirt, you're not gonna get five hundred bucks!" I stated, throwing my hands up in annoyance.

"I was gonna lie and say its an original," She said, smiling sheepishly.

I rolled my eyes at her, "Any who, where is Jaycie and Trace?" 

"They went to buy more ink and stuff. These group of friends are coming to get matching tattoos," She said, searching for toothbrush on eBay.

That's right, my sister Jayceline and brother Traceton both are tattoo artists. Trace is twenty-six and Jaycie is twenty-four. We don't look a like. I have red hair and blue eyes, while they have brown hair and brown eyes. It might be sort of strange but I don't have a tattoo. My brother's arm is covered in tattoos and my sister has her fair share too but tattoos were never really my thing.

"I'm freakishly hungry!" I complained to no one in particular.

When I opened the refrigerator, emptiness was the first thing that greeted me. I sighed, "Great, another big bowl of nothing for breakfast."

"Tell me what you want, what you really really want. I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want!" I heard my phone go off.

Unknown number.

"How did you get my number?"

"It's me."

"Vivvy?" I asked, sniffing some cheese to see if it's still edible.

"Yeah!" She said a little too loud making me cringe slightly.

"Oh. Hello there," I said, throwing the cheese back where I found it.

"Guess what?!" She squealed. I wasn't expecting this so I dropped my phone on the ground.

"Why the hell did you scream?!" I questioned but she just ignored me.

"Jerome won!" She screamed again and I gritted my teeth in annoyance. Vivian is seriously going to make people deaf one day.

"You yell one more time and I swear I'll-"

"He won the lottery!" She screamed again and this time I didn't mind it.

"He won? Oh my Gosh! He won! He's rich?! I'm rich? I am rich!" I said after reality had dawned on me.

 "You can sell my t-shirt mom! I'm a millionaire! Hell yeah! I'm a gizallionaire!" I shouted, jumping around like my uncle when he has one too many Redbulls to drink.

I jumped up on the island kitchen, which still remains a mystery to me because how the hell did I even get my ass up there. I decided to do something spontaneous so I settled on singing the chorus of Money, Money, Money by ABBA on the top of my longs.