Chapter Twelve

RICH KID GETS JEALOUS

Marceline Phelan

"Marceline! Marceline over here!" I heard them shout. The lights flashing in my face were nothing but pleasant. I put on a fake toothy smile and looked up at the cameras. I felt his hand grab on to mine and he squeezed it reassuringly.

"You're doing great," he whispered in my ear. I merely nodded. He knew I never liked too much of this.

"Who's your date Marceline?" One of the reporters asked in a shout.

'He's not my date', I thought.

Maybe he doesn't send my heart to the moon. Or maybe he doesn't make my cheeks feel like they want to fall off because I smile a lot. But it was pretty close. So that's why Julius was my boyfriend and not my date.

"Let's head on inside, I think that's enough pictures," I said to him. He nodded and I led us in.

"Miss Phelan," a lady with a clipboard in her hand said.

"Yes," I said looking at her.

"Your seats are over here," she said gesturing with her hand for me and Julius to follow.

We were gracefully invited to Serenity's clothing line launching. It's inspired by old classical Hollywood. It had that old classy feel to it. Those dresses you see in those old silent movies. The red lips and the conservative hairstyle. I hated to admit but I loved her ideas.

We sat down and I looked around. It was packed. I think I even saw Nicole Kidman. Wyatt was sitting right in front of us facing us but we had a big runway in the middle. I waved at him. Vivian was busy whispering whatever she whispers in to Finley's ear. Old geezer was barely even breathing.

I made the mistake of turning around to look next to me. In flesh and blood stood Jerome Land and his annoying slut hanging off his arm. "Great," I muttered under my breath.

He just had to sit next to Julius. After me and him went out about three times, we clicked and started dating. The whole one and a half months I haven't seen or spoken to Jerome.

Stella has caught my eyes also 'cause she leaned in and pecked Jerome on the lips. Her disgusting lips lingered on his for a few seconds. I clenched my teeth tightly together. Why did I want to rip my hair out I don't know, I just know I absolutely can't stand that disgusting little rat-face blond.

Everyone started to stop talking and started looking up at the beginning of the runway. Oohs and ahs could be heard. Serenity was in a beautiful and when I say beautiful I mean breathtakingly gorgeous dress. It was a tight corset with beautiful pink fabric flowing from where it ends. The skirt was puffy and the same pink as the corset. It reached a little above her knees. The corset was filled with shiny stones. She looked really good and I was jealous of that but her smile still shines brighter than her dress or all the lights. She looked genuinely happy and I was jealous of that.

"Good evening," she started. "Thank you all for being here tonight! This has been my ultimate life dream and today I can proudly say it came true. Now I have been inspired by old music and the classic decades that our country has seen. No one can forget these fashion statements and the wonderful old fashion we saw in old movies. Why not bring it back? So ladies and gentlemen I'm Serenity ... And this is The Vintage Perspective!" The crowd broke in claps and chanting loudly as she smiled brightly.

"I hope you guys enjoy it because I put my blood, tears and sweat into this. Have a great night!" She said and walked gracefully of off the stage.

The music quickly kicked in. A model with a pink dress stepped on the runway. Her dress was simple. It was passed the knees and not tight at all. It was held with a black belt at the waist. It had red v's coming down and I loved it. Her hair was in a victory roll and she had fascinator on. A fascinator was a a small hat with a short veil that came down the hat. The next girl had a similar look. Her dress was purple and had white polka-dots. She didn't have sleeves though, her hat was white and she had white gloves on.