Chapter Nine

RICH KIDS GO CLUBBING

Marceline Phelan

"Give. Me. The. Shoe!" I demanded, as I tugged on the boot harder.

"No chance, rocker freak!" The lady replied and yanked it closer to her.

"I saw it first!" I stated smugly.

"I grabbed it first!" She said and tightened her grip on the boot.

"Let it go!" I ordered.

"You let it go!"

"I would listen to her if I were you," the new voice said.

I mistakenly let go of the boot as shock ran trough me. What was he doing here?

I was studying him as he stood in front of me and the lady. He was shooting her a glare that made my skin crawl. Those vicious tattoos on his neck, got somehow even more scarier over the months.

I saw the lady quickly drop the boot and scurry away in fear. "You got your shoe," he said and bend down to pick it up.

He looked strangely good. He had a clean white v-neck shirt on with no blood stains. His signature black leather jacket and black jeans. "When did you get out?" My voice betrayed me. I wanted it to be calm and firm but it came out weak and surprised.

"Nice to see you too, Phelan," he chuckled lightly.

"So you want your shoe or not?" He asked still holding on to it.

I quickly took it from his hands. "You didn't answer my question," I stated and grabbed the second pair.

"I got out a week ago," he said calmly.

"What are you still doing here?" I suddenly became really angry.

"I live here," he said in a duh tone. He took a step closer.

'Don't show fear!'

I bet he can smell the crap I did in my pants. "I mean why are you still in Denver?" I started to get impatient with him. I know he didn't finish high school, but how stupid can you get?

"I came to see Jaycie," he said and that's when I lost it.

"Don't you there! Don't even go there! You have no right to see her, you criminal. You are nothing but bad news. You're like a freaking rainy day on a prefect bright summer. You ruin everything! So don't you dare even say her name after the shit you made her go through. You sorry excuse for a human being!" I snapped and surprised myself by taking a step closer.

Anger was radiating off me. I was glaring at him in hopes of maybe blowing his head off in to a billion pieces! Oh how I wish. He didn't seem faced at all. Instead he shook his head slowly, a small amused smirk on his face.

"She loves me. I know it. If she knows I'm out, she will come running-"

"Are you so sure about that, Zeke? Maybe my sister was in love with you one point in her life, but that's gone! All you do is cause shit. Leave her alone!" I slammed the boots back.

"I love her. I don't want to hurt Jaycie," his voice came out softer as he said the last few words.

"If you love her, you won't drag her through all of that again. You know what it did to her. So get your shit together and fucking get Jaycie out of your head!" I said through gritted teeth. My hands were shaking in anger.

"You can't keep her away from me or tell her what to do! I changed," He shouted in my face.

"All those calls we got from Jaycie saying how she was down at the station because of you or the terrifying things she went through because of the endless shit you got yourself in to for selling useless crap for a living! She was so afraid to get a call saying you were found dead in some alley. She loved you but she realized you were no good. I swear I will die before she goes back to you!" I didn't wait for his reply. I just stomped out of there.