Chapter Six

RICH KIDS GO TO ARUBA

Part 1: the bar is calling my name

Marceline Phelan

Two weeks later I found myself packing denim shorts, summer dresses, a lot shades and hats. They said the weather in Aruba was sunny so I packed lightly.

Vivian and Wyatt were picking me up at my condo. I loved this place. Construction on the new tattoo parlor was in full motion. I really needed this vacation more than I thought I did. When I heard the honk outside I sighed and looked around. "I'll be back soon." I said to my condo.

I grabbed my suitcase and made my way outside. Locking the doors and waving goodbye to my palace I came to love. I walked to Wyatt's car and got in the back seat. "Good morning." I greeted.

"Hey Marce."

"Hi Marceline." Vivian chirped.

We only made small talk as Wyatt drove to the airport. I was excited but we had to share rooms with someone else. It was Wyatt's idea of safety.

We arrived and I grabbed my suitcase and we walked inside. Easton, Serenity and Jerome were all standing next to each other.

"Aruba here we come!" Vivian exclaimed excited.

Serenity laughed, "I can hardly wait!"

"Yeah. The beach, great weather, girls in bikinis..." Jerome trailed off.

"Of course you would think that." I rolled my eyes at him. Leave it too that pervert to say something like that.

"Are you jealous?" He teased.

"I'm gonna go check in." Wyatt said and I didn't even bother to look at Jerome and walked behind Wyatt.

People piss me off.

After we checked in we were walking in side to get our suitcases checked and what not. After that we decided to eat at McDonald's in the airport.

"So I was thinking who would share rooms when we arrive," Wyatt started putting his burger down. "Easton and Serenity. Vivian and Marceline and me and Jerome."

We all ended up agreeing. And when they said we had to go to get on the plane we all hurried there. "Argh. No!" I whined.

"What is it?" Easton asked me.

"I got the seat next to Jerome!" I groaned.

He was grinning smugly and I glared back. But I was kind of...I don't know mad but...excited? Nah. I couldn't be. He's the same dirty minded idiot I knew since middle school.

So we got on and before I can even sit, he ran to our seats and took the one next to the window. "No! Move Jerome!" I demanded.

"No way!" He said crossing his arms and started getting comfortable in the seat.

I walked up without thinking and tried to yank him up. But of course he didn't budge. I huffed. "Please, get up!" I whined.

"Nope." He said stubbornly.

"I will leave you alone the entire trip." I tried to negotiate.

"No, I like the way you bug me." He shook his head.

I had a plan. I sat on his lap and crossed my arms. "I'm not moving till you move."

"Fine by me, babe." I felt him shrug.

"Don't call me babe!" I hissed.

He chuckled and put his hands in my lap. I gasped. "Fine. Keep your crummy seat." I said, roughly removing his hands.