Chapter Four

RICH KIDS BABYSIT

Marceline Phelan

I arrived at four in the afternoon at Jerome's apartment. I was wearing light colored skinny jeans with a gray and purple striped v-neck shirt. A cool belt and knee length boots. I like kids, but not the small crying ones. I can't stand those.

I knocked on the door and I didn't have to wait long. "Marcie. How are you? Come in." He said and opened the door wider for me to come in.

Jerome is really clean for a dude. Everything is organized. Occasionally you'd find some old pizza boxes but other than that his place was clean. "We're taking my car, Lola." He said and grabbed his car keys from his coffee table.

"What car is it?" I asked him and followed him out of the door.

"BMW." He replied.

"Amaze balls." I grinned.

He laughed at my immaturity and shook his head as he pressed the button that unlocked the doors to his black car. 

"How old are these kids?" I asked him as I got in.

He followed shortly and put his seat belt on and adjusted the mirrors. "Zoey is thirteen, Declan is fourteen and Josiah is seven."

"Oh. Are they well behaving kids?" I asked him, needing to know if I have to be prepared.

"They're a handful." He said but I felt like he wasn't giving me a full needed answer.

"How much of a handful?" I tried to get information out of him.

"At my family's New Years eve party, a TV end up blowing up." He shook his head a small smile on his face as if he was remembering what happened.

"Masterminds if you ask me." He said chuckling a little.

"They ask a lot of questions and can't be left alone unsupervised." He stated and turned to look at me.

"Someone has to be with them at all times." I repeated and I guess he was actually serious about this.

"You're talking about them as if they were some mini criminals that can kill a whole country that the government wanted us to look after." I frowned when he broke out laughing.

"I mean they're kind of harmful, but they love getting in to trouble. Their parents are barely home, they were practically raised by the maids and workers in that house." He stated and turned the corner and pulled up in front of a big house with a fountain in the middle.

He honked a few times and in minutes three kids walked out of the big house. The girl had shoulder length blond hair and was wearing a denim skirt, a loose top. The neckline was so low it showed the pink tank under it. I was glad she was wearing that tank top cause otherwise it would've been really inappropriate for a thirteen year old. She had bright sparkly pink lip gloss, making Barbie look bad. 

Next the boy I knew was Declan came strolling out in his skinny jeans, a nice white plain shirt. You could see his blond hair sticking out of his snapback. He looked like Bieber himself and he was walking towards the car so full of confident. No doubt in my mind that Declan and Jerome were family.

These two were obviously so cocky and thought way too much of them selves. But then I saw what looked like Josiah come out of the house. He was wearing a light blue polo shirt that looked expensive, knee length jeans and his hair unlike the others was light Brown. He was adorable.

Zoey was the first one to open the car door. "Hey Jerome." She said dryly. Then she turned to look at me "Hey Jerome's girlfriend."

"Err.." I tried to make words come out of my mouth but felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I wanted to ask her where she got that idea from, but decided to check my phone.