Chapter Fifteen

RICH KID'S BACHELORETTE PARTY

 Marceline Phelan

 I woke up in an unfamiliar room. My head was pounding, it’s cause no other than that damn  liquid we all know as alcohol. I always wake up with the feeling of nausea and dizziness. Yet I still party like a rock star and drink my soul out.

I slowly turned my head to the right. My walls weren’t a light green. I didn’t have a lamp on my desk and where the hell was my new fish of the week ‘Dog’. I couldn’t sit up cause my head felt so heavy. Therefore not answering my own questions.

I felt myself doze off once again.

I woke up this time feeling a little better. I could sit up this time and when found to Advil pills and a glass of water next to me. I took them and threw the covers off. I was wearing a grey shirt with no sleeves. And it smelled like boy.

I took small steps as I walked to the door. When I opened the door my eyes widened. Jerome was shirtless. I repeat shirtless. To make matters worse, his checkered pajama pants hung low on his hips. It was as if he knew I was standing there gawking at him.

“You’re up,” he said simply, turning to look at me. A small smile played on his lips.

“Can, uh- you tell me what I’m doing here?” I asked him as I fidgeted with the hem of whoever’s shirt.

I took a seat on one of the stools in front of the island in the kitchen. He set a plate of hot chocolate chip pancakes in front of me with a small cup of coffee. “Three teaspoons of sugar, right?” He asked, his eyes meeting mine.

I nodded in confusion and curiosity. How the hell did he know chocolate chip pancakes where my favorite? And he seriously knew I put three teaspoons of sugar in my coffee.

“You told me last night,” he stated. “But the sugar thing I knew because you always put the exact same amount whenever we’re at the diner,” he explained.

I chuckled and grabbed the fork he handed me. I looked down at my plate. I don’t usually eat pancakes with the help of a fork. Jerome knew that ‘cause he was staring at me with amusement shining in his eyes. I put it back down and grabbed the pancake with my fingers. I took a big bite and put it back down. Jerome being the complete creep he is, was watching me.

“It’s pretty  good,” I admitted which made him smile.

“I’m glad you like it,” he replied.

“You haven’t answered my question,” I told him, picking a chocolate chip from one of the pancakes.

It melted between my fingers. I brought my chocolate covered fingers to my mouth but gasped instead.

“It was Vivian’s bachelorette party last night,” I stated.

Jerome nodded his head. “I’m guessing you remember,” he guessed.

“Everything,” I muttered.

“Very eventful night,” Jerome added.

***

Last night

“Can we do something else!” Paulina whined for the fourth time.

I had to agree with her though. I never thought playing Monopoly was something you did at bachelorette parties. But here I was, in the slammer. My skills with the rolling of a single dice was way off. I sipped on my lemonade whilst I stared at my car whilst it was parked in jail.