Chapter Five

RICH KIDS TRY SPEED DATING

Marceline Phelan

I was sleeping when I heard it go off. It was the annoying sound of my cellphone. I decided to just let it ring for a while. Not caring who was calling or why they were calling. It stopped,  I smiled happily and turned on my side and the cellphone rang again. 

"This better be good!" I said to whoever was calling me at eight thirty in the morning.

"It's Vivian." I heard the familiar voice say.

"Oh. What is that you want?" I said not caring if I sounded rude but I just woke up!

"Serenity said to meet up at the diner around six. And to wear something good."

"Why?" I questioned her.

"Not sure, says she wants to show us something," she replied.

"Thanks for letting me know," I said before I ended the call. I wasn't in the mood for her shit. I was never in the mood for shit. But I would go to see what exactly this girl was planning. 

That's how I found myself heading over to Aretha's diner at five forty. I was wearing nice fitted black skinny jeans, a light blue blouse and my hair in a ponytail. I decided to go with black flats. I put on light make up and ditching the eye liner. I looked odd. I was normally in black ripped up or old band shirts. But I kind of looked like I actually cared to look decent. So I opened the dashboard and took out my long Metallica necklace. Which was a sword with a rose wrapped around it and at the top a skull. Now I felt better.

Pulling up at the diner I got out and walked in. I stopped walking as I took in the environment. Guys and girls of like around my age were all standing in what looked like a line? What the hell was going on?! 

I rushed to our table and spotted them immediately. "Why are they so many people here but they aren't eating or buying anything? What is going on?" I asked anyone who could answer me.

Serenity stepped up with a small smile of satisfaction on her face. "Well...I was thinking since me and Easton are dating and neither of you are-"

"What did you do? Please don't tell me those people came to see us." I said gesturing at Jerome, Vivian, Wyatt and myself.

"I would be lying if I said they weren't..." She replied guilty, her eyes trained on her shoes.

"Am I the only one not fine with this?!" I asked the other three only single people sitting at our table.

"I usually have to charm my way in a girl's pants, but if they come willingly, Jerome is in!" He grinned talking about himself in third person like an idiot.

"It's obvious you're a man-whore!" I stated annoyed. He shrugged and nodded when I threw that comment at him as if he was agreeing.

"Vivvy, you don't want to this right?" I asked her. Hopefully she will have some sense and say she was against this absurdity!

"It won't hurt and I wanted to make some new friends." She shrugged.

Traitor!

"I agree with Marceline." I snapped my head so fast when he said that.

Wyatt agreed that it wasn't the greatest idea the blond had. 

"If Wyatt doesn't think its a good idea then it isn't!" I said simply, smiling satisfied as I made my point. Wyatt was never wrong. 

"Or are you afraid no one will come to your table?" Jerome said smugly.

"What table?" 

"It's speed dating." Wyatt replied flatly.