Ch 4 : Home

You can play that song above for this chapter ^^^^^^

Alora P.O.V

I look at my father and brother, my family yet they are strangers to me. We are currently sitting in a car making our way towards the airport. I look outside to see trees and buildings, a place where I have spent my entire life. The birds chirping brings me out of my daydreams, birds such free creatures.

"How are you doing?" Bruno asks again. He has been asking me that so many times since we got in the car.

"Don't worry about me." I said coldly but regretted it immediately when I looked at his face. 

"Oh okay um.. tell me if you need anything" He smiled but his eyes tell a different story.

I know I shouldn't have been so rude to them when all they have been is nice but I can't help it I can't be nice to them they will take advantage of it everyone does, I turn to look outside the window, watching every turn we make, every red light we stop at but also looking at little kids playing at the sidewalks, watching them live without a care for tomorrow makes me jealous. Seeing them laugh out loud makes me envy them even more. I was never allowed to laugh, I was never allowed to play. But then again how is that any of their fault if only I could blame the right people. 

"Let's go sweetheart, we are here" I hear Nicolo says. I don't want to call him dad. I don't think I will ever want to call him dad. 

I grab my backpack and get out of the car only to see a big run away with a jet on it. Are they rich? or are we at the wrong spot? 

Bruno slowly and carefully looks at me silently asking for permission, I nod at him and he gently grabs my hand and leads me to that big beautiful jet.

(something like this)

Bruno gives me a small smile, a smile filled with hope, kindness and love

Bruno gives me a small smile, a smile filled with hope, kindness and love. A smile filled with possibilities. It takes everything in me not to smile. I can't believe this smile, at least I try not to. We walk inside and I notice the symbols and colors of the jet. I make my way to sit in the very corner seat so that I don't have to talk to anyone but Bruno follows me and sits with me.

I look at him questioningly "What? I have to know every detail of your life, we are so gonna become best friends" He says after noticing my questioning look. 

"Why?" I asked genuinely curious as to why someone would want to know about me. 

"Because your my baby sister, I want to get to know you" He answers with a soft smile

At that moment I felt as if I wanted to give them a chance, a chance to accept them as my family. But I don't, I won't. I can't create hope not again. I will just leave when I am 18 which is in a couple of months. But listening to Bruno calling me his sister is giving me second thoughts which is something I can't afford to have. 

"I think I am okay" I say harshly. 

"That's okay, I can talk and then maybe you will feel comfortable too" he say hopefully

Then he began talking about all sorts of things, his hobbies, his brothers, well.. our brothers. It felt nice to have him talk about the times he and Marco I believe fought and how the oldies had to ground them. 

"So, enough about me. Do you feel comfortable enough to talk to me? he questioned 

I looked away and my eyes caught Nicolo's, he had his laptop on his lap but he was looking at me and Bruno. I quickly look away and said "Sure, uh.. what do you want to talk about"

"Oh Oh tell me about your hobbies and then we can gossip about things and let me tell you I got a lot of things" Bruno asked

A giggle escaped my lips at his talking "Yea um well my hobbies um I don't really have that many but I love reading, writing poems and playing some instruments" I answer his question

"That's so cool, maybe we can write poetry together although, I suck at it" He groans 

"Kiddos not to disturb you, do you want to eat something or sleep before we reach home" said Nicolo 

Home. 

Home? 

Home is a place where you feel loved, a place full of light, a place where you don't feel alone, a place that completes you. I don't have a home then I guess I never felt like that anywhere or with anyone, I had houses but never a home. But Nicolo is so sure that his house can be my home. I doubt it, they will just get rid of me when they find out about all the abuse and that....

"I think I am just going to sleep" I get up answering his question

"Goodnight my little tube light" Nicolo says with joy 

I turn and look at him weirdly, tube light?? "Night baby sis and ignore dad he has gone crazy I am sure" Bruno whispered. "I can still hear you Bruno" Nicolo says

I leave and find an empty room with a small bed, I remove my shoes and lay down but the thoughts of "home" make me overthink. Will they let me leave when I turn 18 or will I be stuck there? Will they be nice or will they punish me? Those were the last thoughts I had before sleep overtook me and I went away from reality to a dreamless slumber

Authors note
Hi, everyone. How did you like this chapter. Its a little short to which I do apologize

Any feedback or questions?

Quote of the day:

Forward ever, backward never