Ch 16 : Revenge

This picture is so them in the parking ^

Nicolo P.O.V (Dad)

Being a father and being a Dad are two different things. Never would I have thought that my heart would burst in flames of happiness by just these three letters, my daughter called me dad. Closing my eyes I simply sit in my office soaking up this moment and sealing it away.

My smile turns into a frown as I look to see Marco entering my office. "What was that?" I questioned my son. "Of course, like always I am to blame." he says with a scoff. I wait for him to continue, Marco was the quiet kid when their mother was with them. Always reading, quiet and never a fan of violence. He never liked it if Alex was being mean to Vince (Vincenzo) or when they used to swear. In my own heartbreak and problems I never realized where that version of Marco went.

I was too caught up in pain to notice my son's pain. Marco became everything he hated, violent, rude and loud but to this day I still see a glimpse of the old Marco who used to smile at every little thing, he changed from always smiling to forgetting how to smile. Marco who used to think crying was like a cloud letting rain out turned into a Marco who knew how to hide his tears from everyone. My son who hated anger and would always come running to me when he was sad. My son who now left me to find peace and ease out his pain, pain he blamed Alora for.

"She spent so many years with mother, did she not? So, why is she acting like the victim? Mother left everyone for her.. she left me for her" Marco whispered, his eyes watering making my heart break a little.

"Marco, you enjoyed your childhood, never had to worry about money. Never had to ask for something because me and your brothers would have it before you voice out your wishes. You did everything you wanted, joined the mafia because you wanted to. You didn't live in pain, fear or poverty." Looking for his reaction, I continued "But that's you. I know how you lived. Alex knows how you lived." I paused as Marco nodded.

"Do we know how Alora lived?" I questioned watching him tense at my question. "We don't, we don't know if she had everything or if she enjoyed her childhood. We don't even know if she lived at all. We don't know if she had to reuse all her things because she couldn't afford new things, we don't even know if she was abused or not" I finish with a heavy sigh. "We don't know anything at all, so how can you blame her without knowing if she was really happy all these years?" I asked, looking at him with sad eyes. "Apologize to her" I said as Elias barged in. This kid was getting too comfortable with me.

I narrowed my eyes at him silently questioning as to why he was here. He gives me a smile, making my cold façade break as I smile back. "Who is he apologizing to?" Elias asked with a chuckle. "Alora" I say as his smile drops, making me narrow my eyes. "Oh, well then you should" He says awkwardly. "What's going on between you and Alora?" I asked before Marco could say anything. Elias stiffened which clearly didn't go unnoticed by Marco as he looked at his best friend with a questioning gaze.

"Well, we don't really get along too well" He whispers fiddling with his hands avoiding my eyes. "Ah! You two hate each other" Marco claimed following behind Elias as he leaves. I sigh, I wasn't even finished talking but a question that bothered me was why Elias and Alora hate each other so much..? Did I miss something...? I shake my head and head to bed. I plan on continuing the conversation me and Marco left unfinished. I change and lay in bed as I drift into darkness that is becoming too familiar.

------

"DAD" something yells making me turn to the other side but before I could do anything I was flying off and landing on the cold hard floor. Rubbing my forehead I sit up as my kids barge in. Since when did knocking not become a thing, "Since when do you sleep on the floor dad?" Asked Bruno making me glare at him.