Ch 20 : Birthday

Her dress ^^

Alora p.o.v

18.

I am 18 now, old enough to be called an adult. Old enough to live by myself. I can leave this house now, continue with the plan I made when I came here for the first time but somehow that mere thought is breaking my heart and the worst part is I want to stay here, even though from my childhood I learned that I am not worth anything. So, why did I think I was worth living with them now? They are so talented, cool and smart and then there's me.

So pathetic!

Can I really trust them? Is this just all an act? Are they lying to me? Are-

The sound of my door opening breaks my thoughts as I freeze up thinking of the worst things.

"Shhhh" hearing Bruno's voice instantly calmed me down, I squint my eyes trying to see him through the pitch dark.

"Stop stepping on my foot" I heard another whisper, maybe Luca?

I tilt my head trying not to smile but then the lights suddenly turn on and I see Bruno jump onto the bed barely missing legs which made him fall back. Sitting on the bed with wide eyes and an open mouth I stare at my family who stares back at me.

"Why are you awake at 12 in the morning Alora, that's bad for your health" Dad says pretending to look serious but the smile on his face gave it away.

"WHY! Why Alora. Why!" Bruno gasps dramatically laying down onto the floor making me chuckle. My eyes caught the cake Vincenzo was holding that made my mouth water instantly.

"It's Sunday. Why are you awake?" Luca questions with a soft smile

"Just thinking" It's true I was thinking but I could never tell them what I was thinking about.

"Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE SISTER" Bruno yelled sitting up making me wince but a smile still made its way onto my face.

"Thank you" I whisper softly as he gets up from the floor and wraps his arms around me as I latch onto him soaking into his brotherly embrace. Everyone started hugging me and repeating happy birthday, at last Dad comes towards me and hugs me as I close my eyes feeling the comfort in his warm and protective hug. I felt as if no one would hurt me here, I tighten my arms around him as he places a soft kiss onto my forehead as if silently telling me that I'm safe. It felt as if my heart would burst with the amount of happiness I was feeling.

"Breakfast?" Luca grinned.

I nodded as they all walked out giving me time to get ready. By the time I reach the kitchen a smile creeps its way on my face, my face is going to start hurting with smiling this much.

"I made your favorites, of course as your FAVORITE brother I would do anything" Luca states empathizing with the word 'favorite'. I watched as all of my brothers fought each other and made comments on Luca's statement. A hand was placed on my hand making me look at my dad who simply just smiled.

"I love you, my sweet girl. My baby's turning 18." Dad whispers with slightly teary eyes. My eyes became blurry as my lips quivered. Nibbling on my bottom lip to stop myself from crying as I looked around the table at my family. Family. The only thing I yearned for, the only wish I cried for and now I have that very unexpectedly. I have my family.

"Alora" turning around, I am faced with Marco. I looked up at him in question, waiting for any rude remarks he had to make. But he didn't.

"Could we talk?" He asked as I nod hesitantly.

"Maybe somewhere else?" He offered, I looked at dad who just gave me a soft smile. I am 18 now. I could make my own decisions. I can say No....

But I couldn't and I found myself nodding as Marco led me towards his car. Sitting inside a wave of regret hit me. He hates me and I am alone with him.... But he's my brother, he would never. Right?