Ch 10: Panic

I added a song that reminded me of this chapter, you can listen to it while reading ;)

Third person p.o.v

Panic... the only thing Nicolo was feeling. The man who terrorized other people was shaking from fear today. He put my foot on the accelerator and the car picked up its speed exceeding the normal speed limit hoping to reach before time.

Those same words repeating in his head....."Alora's in the hospital". He clenches his hand on the steering wheel as he parked and sprinted towards the receptionist who trembled at the sight of him before any questions were asked Bruno appears and leads him away from the lady who sighed in relief, Bruno lead his to his daughter who was lying in that bed covered with some wires and surrounded by his other children.

"I'm okay, honestly it's not that bad" She gives him a small smile already knowing the question he had been dreading to ask. Sitting in silence, Alora looks at all the worried faces of everyone including Marco, at that moment her heart melted and a chunk of her armor broke. A girl raised with people who had no piece of humanity in them, she was taught to feed herself because no one cared for her but now she sat in front of people who would die for her, who care so much that they left everything for her.

Leaning her head back she looks up at the roof blinking away all her pain with the tears that filled her eyes but she was not ready to show her pain not yet anyway.

A nurse arrives asking the Rome's to come outside so the doctor could talk with them alone, a talk Alora wasn't ready for. Everyone sat outside waiting for the doctor to arrive. Bruno was in a world of his own, blaming himself for not protecting his sister and letting her go even though he promised not to. Accidently or not he was the reason she was in the hospital.

"Its not your fault, don't blame yourself she doesn't want that" Marco whispered pulling Bruno out of his thoughts. he looked at his brother wondering how easy it is to say don't do this or don't do that but no one really knows how hard it is fighting your brain, fighting the thoughts that overtake you. Sometimes your biggest enemy can be your brain, something that you can't live without but also something that makes living life way harder and painful that it should.

The doctor walks in making everyone look at him. He walks with a heavy heart not knowing how to tell a family that their daughter might have been a victim of abuse. Everyone looked at him with curious eyes. "Please let me finish everything I have to say before reacting in any way" he says, making everyone nod.

"Alora will be needing bed rest for a few days because the back of her head was wounded and so was her back. I will be writing some medicines, mostly painkillers, that you can give to her twice a day after a meal... also" he sighs knowing he has to reveal this "While we were examining her back we found some scars... uh scars that were likely caused by a knife or a whip um.. there might have been a possibility that your daughter was abused. Do you know anything about this?" he continued while waiting to hear an answer.

Nicolo couldn't believe what he had heard, it felt as if somebody had ripped his heart out. Marco and Alexander felt rage and complete anger. They wanted to kill, and had the urge to put someone under the ground. Meanwhile, everyone else felt a certain pain in their hearts that couldn't be explained.

"We have to a-ask her about this" Bruno stuttered while putting his head down. "no" Nicolo whispered while clearing his throat. Everyone's head snapped up wondering why their father said no to a question they all wanted an answer too.

"We can't-" He continues "She doesn't trust us yet and if we push her to tell us, we might just lose her and I won't have that at any cost" Nicolo sighs while closing his eyes. They all knew it was true but what if she was abused then what?

Marco who had been standing was now sitting on the floor with his head against the wall. He pulls his knees up to his chest... his hands joining on their own as he closes his eyes.

"dear God, the amount of sins I have committed have no reasoning.. I uh just wanted to say Alora didn't do anything so please don't punish her... please don't make everything we are thinking come true. God please make her say no if we ever ask her bout it, I have no right to pray but everyone says God is very merciful.. so please show some mercy. Give me all her pain, but only give her happiness I-I just can't see her in pain."

He squeezed his hands tighter hoping his prayer would come true. Wishing for some mercy. begging for the first time in his life, he felt like one of those people they killed and how they begged and prayed while he stood and laughed. how the tables turn. A new game of life.

Alora on the other side of this hall, unaware of everything, slept peacefully. Peace the only thing she found in sleep as reality is filled with constant pains, sleep was her escape. Her way of peace and not feeling that hollowness in her heart. Running away from that pain that couldn't be described in any words.

Life had played its game, a new turn of events. Another one of life's pathways, another one of its challenges and another one of its surprises. One sleeps peacefully while the other's lose all their sleep, one unaware of everything while others are lost in confusion. Nature finds balance, you hurt others, it will come back to haunt you or your loved one. God's justice.. an entire different court of justice.

Author's note

Hayy! Heavy chapter :0 I was listening to sad music while writing it. What's your feedback? how was it the chapter? anyway enjoy today :)

Quote of the day..

Realise that some people stay in your heart but not in your life..