Ch 9 : Bonding with the Bros

Alora p.o.v

We came back just in time from dinner, the shopping was a success as Nicolo says yet I could not stop thinking about what had happened. He bought a mall for me but why? It feels wrong from being invisible to having everyone care so much for you, it feels abnormal but normal for the first time, it feels like I am a doll from going out of trend to everyone wanting me yet I still stay trapped in both the world's. I snap out of my thoughts and get ready to make my way downstairs now that I kind of know where everything is located. 

I walk downstairs to see everyone sitting and talking, "Alora come" Luca waves to me as I see an empty seat between him and Marco who was glaring holes into my head, if looks could kill I would have been 6 feet down the ground. 

Still, I slowly make my way towards that seat as everyone is waiting and watching me like a hawk watching its prey. I sit and we eat while answering some questions about my childhood here and there but I couldn't answer them all honestly nor could I lie so I just gave small yet unfinished answers. 

"Alora, you're going to be starting school this upcoming Monday, so enjoy these four days and don't worry Bruno, Marco and Zena will be there with you". Nicolo announced. 

"Why is Marco going to school? and um.. who is Zena?" I ask, looking at everything except Marco's cold eyes. 

"I got held back due to some family business" Marco mumbled as I stared at him in surprise. Did he actually just answer my question and not say something rude....! wow. "Zena is a family friend, you will meet her today" he continued while eating his food and with that my jaw dropped. "What?" I whisper quietly still in shock. 

"Oh, did we forget to tell you? you're hanging out with all of us today so because you already spend time with dad, you're gonna spend time with us now" Bruno says enthusiastically. "So, you're going to hang with me first and then I will tell you who to go to" he continued with a big smile. I smile back and after I finish my food, I excuse myself from the table to go to my room. I walk in and start pacing around. All kinds of unwelcoming thoughts come in my head like what if I make a complete fool of myself? What If I embarrass them? 

I feel my hands shaking and I could feel a panic attack coming, I look around my phone only to find it on my bed stand. I open it with shaking hands and go to voicemails and click on that one. 

"hey! Where are you? girl you left me alone you know how much I missed you tiger, ha the name you hate anyway your not picking up my calls so I will just say it here. I love you and I miss you so much. I always remember that you got this, you can and will get through this because you are enough plus you're always gonna have me. See ya. love you my tiger" and with that her voice fades away. I felt tears forming in my eyes but I blinked them away. 

What I wouldn't give just to have another minute with her.... 

"Alora you ready" I hear Bruno yell "yea, give me a sec" I say making sure my voice doesn't crack. I take a deep breath and wipe my tears while making my way downstairs.

We arrive at a skatepark, I look over at Bruno with a confused face. "don't worry baby sis, I'll teach you it's easy" he says confidently. Oh no 

"Bruno, don't let go. OH MY GOD I'm so gonna fall" I panic

"Calm down, I got you" he reassured while holding my hand a little more tightly. 

I looked around to see we were at the side of a cement hill where everyone else was skating. I turn my head just when my feet tingle and I fall backwards.. my head started spinning as I felt a sharp pain in my back. My eyes closed on their own and I lay there.

"Alora shit shit, are you okay" "Alora" I heard a distant voice yelling my name over and over again but I kept falling and the voice kept getting farther away as I fell.

Author's note

Halo! How are you guys? Sorry for the late update, I was a bit busy. How was the chapter? I also wrote another book it would mean a lot of you guys check it out and leave some feedback! Thank you guys for reading and leaving comments, it really means a lot and motivates me to write :)

Quote of the day:

Mind says let go but heart says no...